Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nate Diaz: 'I want the Matt Brown fight'

Dana White: If Nick Diaz wants Matt Brown, we can do that fight
    “Listen, if Nick Diaz wants to come out and fight Brown, I’d do that fight,” White said on Wednesday’s new edition of “UFC Tonight.”
    Of course, it’s Nick’s younger brother Nate who has openly lobbied for the matchup with the streaking Brown (19-11 MMA, 12-5 UFC). But White said he hasn’t even considered that as a possibility. After all, not only would it involve lightweight Diaz moving up a division to accept the fight, it also just doesn’t make sense in terms of recent results.

“We never even considered that fight,” White said. “[Nick Diaz] has lost two of his last three fights, and Brown is on this unbelievable roll.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. 05-22-2014, 11:08 PM

Wtf.. He says if Nick wants it we'll do it. then he says...
    [Nick Diaz] has lost two of his last three fights, and Brown is on this unbelievable roll.”
    Is that bad journalism? Dana? or am I just 2 drunk again.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I wish Nick would just get back in the gym and his head back in the game already, such a waste of talent.

The Fanboy in me wants to see Diaz vs Brown, would be cool if that actually happens. Sounds like it could be a fun fight to watch.. Nick that is, not Nate.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

I think both Nate & Nick beat Brown easily, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    I think both Nate & Nick beat Brown easily, just my opinion.
    I agree but more so for Nick. I feel Nick picks Brown apart easily. Both dominating the stand up exchanges and the jits game, well pre-retirement Nick Diaz anyways. Dont understand why he wont just come back, that little nest egg is gonna dry up sooner rather than later, and he'll need income. So why not take a quick payday fight? then go back to being "Mr. Retired, but I want contendership fights"
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Yep, he's drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think Brown's proved he's improved his ground game & wrestling enough that his past sub losses are being weighed too heavily by fans. He survived Silva's back mount which is usually lethal and Silva is a Judo practitioner and Matt threw him around. Nick could definitely beat Brown with body shots but to do so would have to wear him down and Brown's game is more well rounded imo. Both Diaz brothers are very limited in their striking in that they need to be in boxing range to be effective and I can't see Brown giving him that. Unlike Condit who wanted to stay further away, I see Brown crowding Nick to use his Muay Thai and don't think he'd be afraid to throw him down. While Nick's BJJ is more proven, I don't think he catches the improved Brown because he doesn't have the wrestling to control position but with Nick's durability and craftiness I see it a) going the distance, b) being a legit fight of the year cuz Nick would last and not quit, and c) Nick doing a lot of bitching in the days after the fight although not the night of as he's always quick to give credit to guys who actually fight him which Brown would definitely do.
    Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

Nate Diaz says UFC told him to 'keep it quiet' that Jake Ellenberger turned down a fight
    "Hey remember 2 months ago @ufc offered me jake ellenburger fight but he turned it down and they asked me to keep it quiet #idontgiveafuck."

Thread Information