Thread: Hector Lombard vs. Dong Hyun Kim targeted for UFC Fight Night in Macau

Default Hector Lombard vs. Dong Hyun Kim targeted for UFC Fight Night in Macau

Hector Lombard vs. Dong Hyun Kim targeted for UFC Fight Night in Macau

While nothing is yet finalized, a match-up between top-10 welterweights -- Hector Lombard and Dong Hyun Kim -- is currently in the works for a UFC Fight Night event on August 23, 2014 in Macau, China, according to a report made by MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani on UFC Tonight.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Cool fight. I will be pulling for Kim and perhaps if he's not too aggressive in the first few minutes he can do well. I like this fight a lot.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Kim struggles when he cant get takedowns, it couldnbe a very quick fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Lombard has been very dangerous at WW. I'm torn, I really think kim has turned a corner in his fighting style. I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this one. Who ever wins I think should be in the title shot conversation. WW division is on fire!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I think it's going to be T-Rex arms for the win here. Kim has been looking good lately but Lombard is one scary dude.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Does winner get a title shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Lombard is absolutely scary at WW. Imo he should have been pushed for a title shot or at least a #1 contender fight, but I think Rogan's negative commentary during the shields fight really hurt his standing. Lombard should be a massive favorite in this fight. I like stun gun though, so I will be rooting for him. I think his biggest shot at winning is to go balls to the wall, like he has been recently, and try to exhaust Lombard. Problem is, that style is pretty reckless and Lombard has some power in his hands. Either way, I'm pretty excited for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Does winner get a title shot?
    Let's go with winner could get a title shot.

There's also:
    Rory MacDonald vs Tyron Woodley
    Jake Ellenberger vs Robbie Lawler
    Matt Brown vs ?

It really depends on who wins, how they perform, and timing. I lean towards winner of Rory and Woodley as being the most deserving of the next title shot, followed by Lawler if he wins, and then Hector Lombard if he wins.
    I also think Ellenberger, Kim, and Brown would need an additional win before getting a title shot.

We'll see how it all plays out. I miss GSP but it's a good time for the WW division in terms of it being wide open for the taking.

Who is left in the top ten for brown to fight? What's the time table on condits return?

We'll see how it all plays out. I miss GSP but it's a good time for the WW division in terms of it being wide open for the taking.
    The division hasn't been this exciting in years
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information