Thread: Chris Weidman not looking past UFC 175, says ‘forget Vitor’

Default Chris Weidman not looking past UFC 175, says ‘forget Vitor’

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/24...r-belfort-news

"I'm fighting Lyoto Machida," Weidman said at the UFC 175 ticket sale press conference. "Forget Vitor."

Weidman went on to detail his knee injury and mentioned that it was a minor procedure that allowed him to be back in the gym doing light workouts "a day or two" later.

"Long story short: Both of my meniscuses on both of my knees were clicking to my joints every once in a while and it started being a issue. So I got it scoped out and my knees have never felt better."

Now with his return to the octagon now six weeks away, Weidman is glad to finally be fighting an opponent not named Anderson Silva.

"The second fight I had a lot to prove to get the first fight off my back. Even the second fight, it didn't end the way I wanted. After being in there twice with him, I felt like I dominated both fights and I knew I'm the better fighter. So I'm glad to move on and put that behind me and I'm excited to fight Lyoto Machida. He's a tricky guy. I'll figure him out."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

War machida ! Bleeder tickets still cost me 600.00 for two. Damn vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    War machida ! Bleeder tickets still cost me 600.00 for two. Damn vegas!
    Did you grab tickets for the TUF finale as well?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Negative on the Sunday fight.

Thread Information