Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Bisping vs. Cung Le set for UFC Fight Night China main event in August

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bisping
    Listen, he got some takedowns and held me down. That's what played the factor. It wasn't like he outstruck me all day long or anything like that where vision would play a factor. He closed distance fast and clung on for dear life and held me down and couldn't wait for the fight to finish.
    This is a gross misrepresentation of that fight, and it's insanely inaccurate, even for someone who wears the Bisping-colored-glasses that Bisping clearly wears.

There are a few Bisping fans on the board who have complained about how much hate the guy gets, and I agree that much of it is waaaaay over the top. But this kind of nonsense is exactly why people come out of the woodwork to post GIFs of Pip being knocked into derp-face.

Kennedy actually outstruck him all day long. Let me repeat that: Kennedy Outstruck Bisping All Day Long.

Yes, he outgrappled him, too.

But without any doubt whatsoever--and despite giving up a significant reach/length advantage--Kennedy was the more effective striker in that bout. He landed more shots, he landed a higher percentage of shots, he landed more significant strikes; whether from distance, from the clinch, or when he'd grounded him. There were two rounds without any takedowns...Kennedy still won them.

The best round Bisping had--the only one you could possibly argue he actually won--was the second, where he was still missing twice for every ineffective jab he threw. Kennedy still landed the harder shots in that round, and again, at a much higher percentage than Pip. The best you could score that would be 10/10.

I really wish that MMA journalists had any sense of integrity and would actually research the fights that they comment on--or even watch them. It would be great if they'd actually call out fighters when they distort reality to the degree that Bisping did, but that would be far too much to ask...and fighters would probably balk at giving them interviews if that were to occur.

But this was weak, all the way around.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 06-24-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Here's what I find funny when guys say that type of stuff:

Bisping states he just closed the gap then held you down for dear life and waited for the bell. If that's the case, did ANYONE see ANYTHING in that fight that would indicate that Bisping would have mounted any sort of significant offense given more time? Would a standup at an opportune time have changed the complexion of the fight?

I would say absolutely not. It reminds me of the discussion following Mir/Cormier where Mir did absolutely nothing to keep Cormier from doing the same thing over and over.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Seems at this point that I'm the only one going to be pulling for Bisping to win here. This must be one of the extremely few times if ever that I can even think of where I have wanted to see Bisping win except for maybe a fight or two when he was on TUF. I cannot predict how the fight will go at all but I would not be surprised to see Bisping out-cardio Le.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Bisping should win. He is a far more complete fighter, much younger, and le has been inactive since 2012
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I cheer for Bisping in most fights but I've been a HUGE Cung Le fan for many years

Thread Information