Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UFC on Fox (July 26th) Main Event: Robbie Lawler vs Matt Brown.

I was hearing that they were looking to score Nick(maybe versus Brown) for this FOX card and things fell through, which is why there was rumblings about Nick this past few weeks. I wonder if Robbie was really the first one they called given the major turn around(noting that Brown has a quick turnaround as well), given that they were working on a matchup for this card prior to Saturday and were really angling for a name matchup.....

Yeah, me thinks this will be very, very, interesting. Either way whomever wins this fight definitely deserves a shot a Hendricks.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

"Dana White ✔ @danawhite
    Follow
    Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title
    2:48 PM - 27 May 2014"

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/r...an-jose-052714

Take it with a grain of salt though. He'll declare 6 different #1 contenders and 18 fighters as #1 pound for pound by the time the fight comes around.

3rd fight for Lawler this year, love seeing him fight so much, that's awesome. And as much as I love the fight, I don't. I'm just so torn because these are 2 of my favourite fighters right now, and I have no idea who to root for.

Any word on when Hendricks is back or healed his vagina or whatever? I can't even remember what it was, bicep maybe? So I guess he just waits for this to end and fights them in the fall? Hopefully in Toronto cuz I'm hoping for a good main event there in September, although that'd be another quick turnaround for Lawler or Brown.

Where does that leave the McDonald/Woodley winner? As the #1 contender until this fight happens I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    "Dana White ✔ @danawhite
    Follow
    Yes winner of Lawler vs Brown gets the next shot at the title
    2:48 PM - 27 May 2014"

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/r...an-jose-052714
    Matt Brown is clearly the #1 P4P fighter on the planet and all the real MMA fans know it. Everyone wants to see this guy fight Johnny Hendricks.

Matt Brown is only 9 more wins from a title fight!!!

I truly don't believe GSP will ever be back. I look at it as if he views Dana as a crazy ex-girlfriend that he needs to string along, until she moves on herself, so that she doesn't burn down his house. GSP is way too quiet/nice/soft spoken/maybe a little awkward/smart to start the war that comes with upsetting Dana before he decides you are retired. It is because Dana is pretty much the opposite of all of those GSP superlatives. He ran, but didn't burn any bridges, not because he wanted to use those bridges again, but because he didn't want the heat catching up with him. Very smart, in my opinion, if I'm right.
    USA! USA! USA!

Finally, brown fights a guy who isn't backing up and looking for space.

I think the left-handed boxing and desire to stay in the pocket gives brown fits and lawler wins via r2 tko.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Nice card. Especially for free
    Wow, that is an absolutely sick card. I'm excited for almost every fight on that list.

Brown's had a nice run but now he's in trouble. Crazy how fast Robbie is taking these so close to another.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Brown's had a nice run but now he's in trouble. Crazy how fast Robbie is taking these so close to another.
    He's doing what a guy that wants a title fight should do.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information