Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Vitor Belfort Replaces Wanderlei Silva, Meets Chael Sonnen At UFC 175

He should have retired after the Stann fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Vitor Belfort: I am not training with UFC champ Jon Jones
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/vitor-b...hamp-jon-jones
    I want to clear the air that on the rumor of me training with Jon Jones. The office that represent me wanted to use Jon for a commericial in brazil so I called Malki. He was with Jon at the time and Jon got on the phone to talk with me. We had a friendly talk and he said let’s train one day and I said sure one day let’s train. It wasn’t a serious talk about training. I am a Blackzilian and I am not training with Jon. He is a great guy and I admire him but the media taking to far.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I've stayed away from commenting on this news because I'm a fan.

That being said, this news makes me pretty sad. I understand the potential that Wandy may have decided to use some questionable methods in order to win this fight and it makes sense given the disdain the two likely have for each other. What I don't understand is the thought process of those who somehow believe Wanderlei EFFING Silva "wants no part" of Chael Sonnen. That's insane.

How could anyone legitimately believe that Wanderlei is somehow all of the sudden intimidated or concerned with his own well-being when you look at his body of work. This guy gets it. He goes for it and he does so against anyone who is put in front of him.

Is it possible he juiced; maybe even probable? Yep.

Does that make him somehow subject to ridicule from the likes of Chael Sonnen? NOPE.

Does the fact that Vitor is filling in for him seem odd and ironic? Yep.

I'd like to note that it seems very strange to me that they are replacing a guy who had not submitted an app for a license with a guy who could potentially be denied a license.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I've stayed away from commenting on this news because I'm a fan.

That being said, this news makes me pretty sad. I understand the potential that Wandy may have decided to use some questionable methods in order to win this fight and it makes sense given the disdain the two likely have for each other. What I don't understand is the thought process of those who somehow believe Wanderlei EFFING Silva "wants no part" of Chael Sonnen. That's insane.

How could anyone legitimately believe that Wanderlei is somehow all of the sudden intimidated or concerned with his own well-being when you look at his body of work. This guy gets it. He goes for it and he does so against anyone who is put in front of him.

Is it possible he juiced; maybe even probable? Yep.

Does that make him somehow subject to ridicule from the likes of Chael Sonnen? NOPE.

Does the fact that Vitor is filling in for him seem odd and ironic? Yep.

I'd like to note that it seems very strange to me that they are replacing a guy who had not submitted an app for a license with a guy who could potentially be denied a license.
    First off... WELL SAID, SIR!

I don't know if Wandy juiced, or is afraid (doubtful) or what the F is up...
    But I do know that I was SURPRISED by all the posts on here that, either subtley or overtly, were slamming him.
    Wandy has never been my favourite fighter... but I gots to have MAD respect for the guy!
    And I guess I just find it strange when people talk about how "they knew" he wasn't going to show up.
    I wouldn't step in to a steel cage fist fight... so until I do... I'll reserve criticizing the COURAGE of those that do.
    Just my two cents.

On a happy note:

This fight is WAYYYYYY more interesting!
    Yes, Wandy and Chael had the grudge.
    But at this point in his career I had no interest in watching Silva get taken down repeatedly in what I saw as a fairly lopsided fight.

With Vitor I think we will get a much more interesting and competitive match up.
    Should it be for the #1 Contender at MW?
    Of course not. That's just stupid.
    But so is anyone who can't differentiate between REALITY and Chael Sonnen hyping the fight.

Still... I think that a fight between Weidman and Sonnen would be interesting... so hopefully this fight puts Chael on the path back to the title. Cause I still think he could make some noise in the MW division.

How can anyone doubt Wandy? Suddenly, because of whatever reason we don't know yet, he may have been juicing, or whatever, he's lacking courage? Lack of testosterone maybe... but not courage...

6. Default

Id like a better source then "chael says so" before passing judgement on anything.

As to the people slamming Wanderlei, whatever. If speculation by a rival is enough for you to throw out decades of excellence, I guess all I can say is if someone ever says anything about you, I hope you're treated with the same level of respect you've shown here.

Damn I was so ready to see Sonnen/Wandy.. Thought the serious bad blood between them would of made for a decent fight. Oh well, Sonnen/Belfort sounds like fun.

WAR CHAEL
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Id like a better source then "chael says so" before passing judgement on anything.

As to the people slamming Wanderlei, whatever. If speculation by a rival is enough for you to throw out decades of excellence, I guess all I can say is if someone ever says anything about you, I hope you're treated with the same level of respect you've shown here.
    Honestly, for me, it's more like "believe what Chael says on the UFC's own show, that Dana White promoted on his newest vlog, until someone high up in the UFC says otherwise." Meaning, until I read or hear Dana White, the president of the UFC, say otherwise, I'm going to believe it. There's no way, in my mind, that they'd let Chael make those accusation, on their own show, and not immediately deny it, if it wasn't true. UFC Tonight & FoxSports 1 twitters both directly quoted Chael. Would both keep those quotes up, if it wasn't true? Wouldn't someone in the UFC tell them to take it down immediately? Would the UFC & Dana's twitters (and Dana's vlog) direct everyone to watch the show and listen to Chael's comments, if they weren't going to be true? Highly doubtful. And where's Wanderlei's denial?

I suspect Dana will have something to say about it, with a little more detail (or simply confirmation or denial) in one of the media scrums after the 2 events on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post

It must be hard knowing your favorite fighter is a cheater, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    It must be hard knowing your favorite fighter is a cheater, eh.
    Where's the pot calling the kettle black pic ... I know it's coming lol

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Thread Information