Something stinks about it for sure, Wandy neglected to complete the necessary applications for the fight yet they give it to Vitor who has no fighters license and might not even get licensed.
Wanderlei Silva Responds To UFC 175 Ouster, Doesn't Believe Bad News
Wanderlei Silva took to Twitter.com shortly after news broke that he would be replaced at UFC 175 in his fight against Chael Sonnen, most likely against Vitor Belfort (read breaking news here). "The Axe Murderer" is apparently shocked and doesn't believe the news, which either means he's acting clueless -- or somehow -- he is unaware of what really forced his disappointing withdrawal. "What's this? I'm not believing," is the rough Google translation.
Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 05-29-2014 at 02:54 PM.
And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus
UFC Confirms Wanderlei Silva Out, Vitor Belfort In vs. Chael Sonnen at UFC 175… With One Hitch
Belfort has failed a drug test in Nevada in the past, while fighting for Pride FC, and he has the ghost of unreleased drug test results from a surprise drug test administered by the Nevada commission in February lingering over his shoulder. Either or both could become a part of the comprehensive review, and thus, public record, if he is asked about them by commissioners at the June 17 meeting, which is likely to happen.
When you're down.... you're down 4-Life
1) What in the fuck does Wanderlei have to do to avoid this fight to make some of you believe that he doesn't want to fight Sonnen?
2) Not wanting to fight him doesn't equal fear, but it most certainly could equal a lack of desire to get slammed to the ground, and get punched in the face for 25 minutes, or until it gets stopped. Also fear doesn't necessarily equal "Fear that Chael Sonnen is going to beat him up!". Fear can mean the fear of losing badly in a fight that has been hyped for so long. Right or wrong, this fight is what the casual fans were going to connect him with, for a long time, because of the hype behind it. Why is fear such a terrible word anyways? Don't we all fear stuff that we do all the time? Sonnen himself has talked at great lengths about fear. We use fear, when talking about fighters, as some kind of insult, but why? Some of them do get scared, if not all. Stepping into a cage, in front of a roaring crowd, Million watching at home (maybe), against a trained elite fighter...that shit sounds scary.
3) I enjoy Wanderlei's fights, but am I supposed to have some magical level of respect for him as a human being because of that?! To me he comes across as a big, obnoxious, loud clown.
4) If he isn't avoiding the Sonnen fight then how does such a super hero of honor let someone say that kind of stuff about him, and just walk away?
5) My absolute biggest thing with all of this is that Chael is generally viewed as a joke on here, while Wanderlei is viewed as some sort of God. The thing is though, that Wanderlei is even more over the top than Chael. Anytime that's brought up, his fans justify it by saying "Wanderlei is real! Nothing fake about him like Sonnen!". Well that can go 1 of 2 ways. The first is that Wanderlei is the semi-coherent threat machine that all of you know and love, for some reason, the same one that isn't following through on his bajillion threats. The second way is that he isn't who you think he is, but instead a poor man's Chael Sonnen, only Chael would never do this. Like him or not, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, was afraid Chael wouldn't show.
6) Don't like that Chael is potentially 1 fight from a title shot, neither do I, but don't blame Chael for using his new found leverage to gain a promotion. Blame the UFC for not having a better back up plan, but more importantly blame Wanderlei for putting everyone in this position.
Was Wanderlei a great fighter? Yes. Is he a legend? Yes, but overhyped a bit. One of the 5 greatest 205ers ever? Probably. Awesome human being? Not even close, in my opinion. In fact, if I knew a guy like him in my daily life, I would go to great lengths to avoid him.
Last edited by The Donosaur; 05-29-2014 at 03:36 PM.
USA! USA! USA!
I think I may have solved the mystery... He's been secretly training and managed by the Diaz brothers camp. That could explain EVERYTHING
et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein
I just went back and watched the Ultimate Fighter brawl. Right before shit hits the fan, Wanderlei keeps hitting his hand, saying "soon", and other generally obnoxious things. Eventually Sonnen starts saying stuff like "When?", and "I don't know the date, do you?". Wanderlei acts like he knows the date, and then more barely coherent threats. The whole time I couldn't help but think, "Of course Wanderlei knows the date. He knows the date is never".
USA! USA! USA!
I guess that for Sakara=excitement this is a very important fight. One of his most beloved fighters against, by far, his most hated fighter. lol
Not only brazilians can do this stuff
2- has not won two in a row since 20005 (he is coming off a win)
3- he is old and with his fight record as of late maybe some self doubt.
4- he know's Chael has the skills needed to beat him on the ground.
5- he has to knows his only chance to win this fight is a slug fest and that Chael Is not that dumb to keep fight standing and he can't stop Chael from the TD.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)