Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Vitor Belfort Replaces Wanderlei Silva, Meets Chael Sonnen At UFC 175

Bu...bu...bu...but it's Wanderlei Efffffffing Silva!
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Why, Wandy, why...

Vitor is going to fucking kill Chael and take his lunch money.

I'm one of the biggest Sonnen fans on the planet. Chael said from day one that Wandy wouldn't fight and he was right, no matter the reason behind it. People are so quick to slam Chael on here but for all his trash talk and fight hype, no one can ever say he has backed out of a fight. In fact he has regularly thrown his name in as a replacement on short notice for many high level fights. That has earned him the respect of those higher ups and because of that he gets treatment that he probably doesn't really deserve.

Now with that being said, Wandy used to be a great fighter, so did Chuck Liddell. One of those two was told he had to retire, maybe its time to tell the other. Walk away with what dignity he has left, a loss to Chael wasn't going to do him any favors anyway.

I dont understand how a LHW fight should lead to a MW title shot but I didn't understand when it happened the other way around either. I will say that I think Sonnen vs Weidman could be far more interesting then many give it credit for, and Vitor was next in line anyway so either way I'm ok with the result.

oh and WAR SONNEN!
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    1. he has not had a fight in over a year
    2- has not won two in a row since 20005 (he is coming off a win)
    3- he is old and with his fight record as of late maybe some self doubt.
    4- he know's Chael has the skills needed to beat him on the ground.
    5- he has to knows his only chance to win this fight is a slug fest and that Chael Is not that dumb to keep fight standing and he can't stop Chael from the TD.
    What part of his extensive history leads you to believe that any of that matters to him in the least?

I've never asked anyone to like his character, antics, or style. What I've said from day one is that his heart and willingness to fight anyone should be respected. Likewise, I respect chaels willingness to step forward at anytime regardless of class.

And donosaur, don't be a mark. Wanderlei may have his faults but they don't include being an unoriginal, hypocritical, fraudulent, felon.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I'm disappointed that Wanderlei won't be fighting Chael, especially after everything that's been said between the two. Having Vitor as the replacement fighter makes it just as good if not better than the original scrap. Vitor and Chael both have said things about one another in the past through various interviews and social media outlets, so there's a bit of back history between the two. I think Vitor takes it, but I'm not confident in the pick.

Where do they turn to if Vitor can't get licensed though?

What if Vitor pisses hot? What then? Lol

Vitor is gonna destroy Sonnen I think but you can never count Sonnen out.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    What part of his extensive history leads you to believe that any of that matters to him in the least?

I've never asked anyone to like his character, antics, or style. What I've said from day one is that his heart and willingness to fight anyone should be respected. Likewise, I respect chaels willingness to step forward at anytime regardless of class.

And donosaur, don't be a mark. Wanderlei may have his faults but they don't include being an unoriginal, hypocritical, fraudulent, felon.
    "What part of his extensive history leads you to believe that any of that matters to him" Well none.
    His last 5 or 6 years is a different story (to me any how)

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

I was mostly just messing with you on the bu...bu..bu...but thing. I have a pretty good grip on who both guys are. I know what Sonnen is, but I think underneath of all of his BS, there is a guy that is everything I would want to see in a fighter. He steps up to fight anyone, and he brings the fight to them. He wants the belt, and everything he does is obviously to work towards that. Nobody wants to hear about Chael Sonnen, good guy, but I really enjoyed him on TUF, it was obvious he cared about his team, and didn't make it about him. I also find him to be intelligent and insightful, when he isn't in character.

I do find Wanderlei to be unoriginal. Look no farther than James Toney for that one. I do find him to be hypocritical. See how much he talked about how all Sonnen does is talk, for that one. Is he a criminal? I suppose he hasn't been in trouble. I don't know for sure, but I assume not. The thing is though, most of the defense on the van thing was that "Wandy will throw down anywhere, no matter what". I heard that response so much, not necessarily from you, but to me that's another one of these situations where his fans are playing both sides of it. Is he a guy that doesn't care if he assaults someone (criminal) or is it just talk (blowhard)? I'd hate him a lot less, still wouldn't like him, but it would be lesser, if his fans didn't twist his faults into strengths.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    What if Vitor pisses hot? What then?
    No, Vitor did the test himself, bro. Vitor is clean, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I was mostly just messing with you on the bu...bu..bu...but thing. I have a pretty good grip on who both guys are. I know what Sonnen is, but I think underneath of all of his BS, there is a guy that is everything I would want to see in a fighter. He steps up to fight anyone, and he brings the fight to them. He wants the belt, and everything he does is obviously to work towards that. Nobody wants to hear about Chael Sonnen, good guy, but I really enjoyed him on TUF, it was obvious he cared about his team, and didn't make it about him. I also find him to be intelligent and insightful, when he isn't in character.

I do find Wanderlei to be unoriginal. Look no farther than James Toney for that one. I do find him to be hypocritical. See how much he talked about how all Sonnen does is talk, for that one. Is he a criminal? I suppose he hasn't been in trouble. I don't know for sure, but I assume not. The thing is though, most of the defense on the van thing was that "Wandy will throw down anywhere, no matter what". I heard that response so much, not necessarily from you, but to me that's another one of these situations where his fans are playing both sides of it. Is he a guy that doesn't care if he assaults someone (criminal) or is it just talk (blowhard)? I'd hate him a lot less, still wouldn't like him, but it would be lesser, if his fans didn't twist his faults into strengths.
    Like you, I've grown less fond of Wandy. He's gone from the guy who said things like "I don't have fans, I have friends" (refering to all his fans being like friends to him), to making petty threats in a van.

Honestly, with this situation I'm beginning to worry that he's showing erratic behavior and mood issues. We all know it's a possibility for fighters with a lot of wear, but I really hope it's all a work and not him slowly going nuts. It'd be very sad.

Thread Information