Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Vitor Belfort Replaces Wanderlei Silva, Meets Chael Sonnen At UFC 175

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If I would have been in Wanderlei's shoes, and wanted this fight, I would have squashed all of Sonnen's crap on the spot. The contract stuff? Boom, it's signed. Not training? You'll see when you face me. You should worry about your own training. I would have taken the wind out of his trash talking sails.
    But the Donosaur is a fuckin' dinosaur, A FUCKING DINOSAUR! Sure, he is just a Pteranodon but he is still a dinosaur. Wandy is just a man.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    But the Donosaur is a fuckin' dinosaur, A FUCKING DINOSAUR! Sure, he is just a Pteranodon but he is still a dinosaur. Wandy is just a man.
    Haha I'm not patting myself on the back. I'm just saying that when he did nothing to stop Sonnen's talk, and then he did exactly what Sonnen said he would, it's hard, for me at least, to give him any benefit of the doubt. Granted, I don't like Wanderlei. I think his fans cut him way too many breaks for nonsense that they wouldn't give to other fighters.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Did anybody really expect Wanderlei's story to match up with Sonnen's info? This is no shock to me.
    Personally, I expect NOTHING to ever match with sonnen's nonsense.
    Because everything he says is nonsense.

Not a Wandi fan, but between the two, who is a convicted felon? Which of them has lied to a judicial board, officially and on record?

That doesn't mean Wandi is telling the truth, by any means. It just indicates that there is plenty of bullshit to go around with this one.

Granted, I don't like Wanderlei. I think his fans cut him way too many breaks for nonsense that they wouldn't give to other fighters.
    I don't really like Wandi, either...but your doing the exact same thing with sonnen that you're accusing Wandi fans of doing.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Personally, I expect NOTHING to ever match with sonnen's nonsense.
    Because everything he says is nonsense.

Not a Wandi fan, but between the two, who is a convicted felon? Which of them has lied to a judicial board, officially and on record?

That doesn't mean Wandi is telling the truth, by any means. It just indicates that there is plenty of bullshit to go around with this one.

I don't really like Wandi, either...but your doing the exact same thing with sonnen that you're accusing Wandi fans of doing.

rh
    I like Sonnen because he is a high pressure wrestler. I have never hid the fact that I love wrestling. I think it is the best, and I think Sonnen utilizes it better than 95% of wrestlers turned MMA fighters. I enjoyed his book. He really won me over during his 1st TUF season. He spent the whole season calling himself "The Bad Guy", but he came across as a really good guy coach. When he isn't doing his shtick, he seems more intelligent and insightful than almost any announcer MMA has seen.

All of that being said, I loathe that he and Vitor both got 205 title fights. I hate that people like Matt Brown get passed up, during a 6 fight winning streak, but Sonnen gets a title fight at least once a year. I cannot stand that Sonnen uses the stupidity of the fans that buy into the hype of his promos to get shots that he doesn't deserve. In my opinion though, that is the fault of the UFC for compromising the integrity of the sport for the sake of sales. If that's how other sports worked, others would do the same. Sonnen was just the guy to capitalize on it. I hate that he did/does it, but it's the UFC's fault that it advances his career.

Would I trust Sonnen to sell my house? No.

If I ran the UFC Sonnen would maybe have had 2 title fights at 185, none at 205, and certainly not be close to one now.

I am fully aware of who Sonnen is. I do see his flaws. I like his strengths. I even like some of his flaws, but I fully understand why some people don't. The difference is that a lot of Wanderlei fans (not you Riv), use the noble hero defense, the raging beast defense, the language barrier defense, the legend defense, and whatever else they need to, just to justify all of his actions.

Chael Sonnen has did a great deal to hurt the sport, but with a huge assist from the UFC. Chael Sonnen can be a giant ass sometimes. No Wanderlei fan would say anything close to that about him.

I would also like to say that Sonnen makes a great point in that video. He says Vitor has a title, the title of #1 contender, and he should be defending that, anytime he fights. I think he is right. Every ranking should be looked at as something to defend, and the rankings should matter a lot more. The UFC should have a better system and structure. All of these reasons, are exactly why Sonnen shouldn't be fighting Vitor, or be anywhere near a title fight.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Granted, these things change quickly. But DW's comments actually seem sane again. Allegedly, the fight will be at MW and no title shot for Chael:

UFC president Dana White confirmed to MMAFighting.com on Friday that the proposed fight would be contested at 185 pounds, not 205, which is what Sonnen originally stated on Wednesday's episode of "UFC Tonight." Sonnen also said that a win over Belfort would make him the No. 1 contender in the middleweight division, however, when White was asked whether that title was on the line for both men, White wrote back via test message, "for Vitor it is."
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/30...t-middleweight

My guess is that neither guy will want to cut weight, it'll be at 205, but Sonnen won't be eligible for a title fight. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Only TMZ occasionally gets it right.

FYI- Wanderlei looked very "thick" in that video for an upcoming 185 fight.
    Man you could not be more spot on. I thought the exact same thing.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

7. Default

So Wandy was booed insanely by his own countrymen all the while ditching the TUF finale and winding up at a bar instead.

Yeah, none of this looks good for Wandy. I'm still not sure what sense to make of any of it, but I feel my love for him is compromising my ability to look at it without assuming Chael is lying about every aspect. Fact of the matter is that Wand, for some reason, ran from a drug test and has been no-showing promo events... soooooo yeah, even Sonnen comes out looking good in this situation. Maybe it's because I'm drunk.

I love both fighters inside the cage, and despite his lesser human qualities, I think that the sport of mma is ultimately better off post-Chael than pre-Chael, if for nothing else that that he's a brilliant intellectual fighter who can beat contenders he has no business beating and manipulating the powers that be in ways other guys wish they could. I admire anyone who can physically back up their Machiavellian qualities.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    Yeah, none of this looks good for Wandy. I'm still not sure what sense to make of any of it, but I feel my love for him is compromising my ability to look at it without assuming Chael is lying about every aspect. Fact of the matter is that Wand, for some reason, ran from a drug test and has been no-showing promo events... soooooo yeah, even Sonnen comes out looking good in this situation. Maybe it's because I'm drunk.

I love both fighters inside the cage, and despite his lesser human qualities, I think that the sport of mma is ultimately better off post-Chael than pre-Chael, if for nothing else that that he's a brilliant intellectual fighter who can beat contenders he has no business beating and manipulating the powers that be in ways other guys wish they could. I admire anyone who can physically back up their Machiavellian qualities.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Chael Sonnen vs. Anthony Johnson? Fight was 'supposed to happen' at UFC 175
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/3/577...en-ufc-175-mma
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information