+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator crosses 100,000 buy mark for inaugural pay-per-view effort

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Yeah, the 150k figure was definitely the lowest, and not the average. If it were the average, that would imply that they have had many below 150k but if that were the case, I sincerely doubt that UFC would be in the position that it's in today.
    I was thinking that maybe it means how much they need to sell to make a profit

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I was thinking that maybe it means how much they need to sell to make a profit
    Maybe so.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I think IceCold is right, though I get the confusion.

Makes sense. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    It also says sherdog is who reported it. And either way the source is unnamed. As for the ppv average for the UFC, that is incredibly wrong. I'm not sure where they got that number from the UFC hasn't been as low 150k for a card in years.
    It said Sherdog was the first to report the numbers which were then confirmed and reported by mmafighting.com. So Sherdog is not the only one confirming these numbers. On the Sherdog note, I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss their claims about Bellator either way... Was it not Sherdog who broke the Alverez being injured story before Bellator released that info.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Makes sense. My mistake.

It said Sherdog was the first to report the numbers which were then confirmed and reported by mmafighting.com. So Sherdog is not the only one confirming these numbers. On the Sherdog note, I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss their claims about Bellator either way... Was it not Sherdog who broke the Alverez being injured story before Bellator released that info.
    It was not confirmed it was brought to them by "a source", for all we know the same un named source could have told both sherdog and mmafighting and be lying about it.

Why would ANYONE want Bellator to fail!??!

I don't get it.

A second major MMA organization is GOOD for fighters... it's GOOD for fans... it's GOOD for everyone!

So why do SO many people want Bellator to fail?
    I don't get it?
    Have a viable second option is integral to the growth of the sport... to the growth of talent... the growth of purses... etc.

So someone... anyone... PLEASE... tell me why they WANT Bellator to faiL?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    Why would ANYONE want Bellator to fail!??!

I don't get it.

A second major MMA organization is GOOD for fighters... it's GOOD for fans... it's GOOD for everyone!

So why do SO many people want Bellator to fail?
    I don't get it?
    Have a viable second option is integral to the growth of the sport... to the growth of talent... the growth of purses... etc.

So someone... anyone... PLEASE... tell me why they WANT Bellator to faiL?
    I want them to fail because I think they should not have changed their business model to try and to compete with the UFC by bringing in old washed up fighters and creating embarrassingly bad staged promos. I do think competition is good for the UFC but I do not like the way Bellator goes about doing it. Instead of trying to go directly at the UFC(which is an unwinnable battle) they should go back to the way they used to be which was a solid alternative.

Spike TV president confirms Bellator 120 did 100,000 pay-per-view buys
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/spike-t...-per-view-buys
    Bellator’s first pay-per-view effort reached a significant benchmark of success, according to Spike TV President Kevin Kay.

Kay today told MMAjunkie that Bellator 120′s reported buyrate of 100,000 is “dead-on accurate,” putting the event above the reported figures for several previous non-UFC pay-per-view ventures, including Strikeforce and Elite XC, PRIDE, Bodog, and Affliction.

“I’m hesitant to answer, because … we haven’t done pay-per-views,” Kay said. “I’ll stand by that 100,000, though.”
    Kay and Rebney’s recently appointed replacement, former Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, said it’s too early to determine whether a second pay-per-view targeted for October will proceed as planned.

Kay and Coker were part of a conference call today that announced Rebney’s replacement, former Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, who is taking over the day-to-day operations of Bellator and plans to realign the promotion around individual fights as opposed to tournaments.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Considering UFC 173 did 200,000 buys...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

There is a reason the two top guys got fired from Bellator, come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    There is a reason the two top guys got fired from Bellator, come on.
    My thoughts exactly I'd be shocked if the original 65k report was accurate with that result.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information