+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Bellator crosses 100,000 buy mark for inaugural pay-per-view effort

  1. #21

    Default

    Anyone calling this a failure fall in to two categories, imo.

    #1) Looking for reasons to hate on Bellator

    #2) They don't understand how truly archaic the pay per view model is these days.

    That's really promising for Bellator to pull 100k, I haven't been the biggest supporter since they moved to Spike TV, but in this market, that's a good number for a company not named UFC. Good to see MMA thriving, no matter what the name on the banner is.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,719

    Default

    Rumors circulating that UFC 174 didn't break 100k
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    Anyone calling this a failure fall in to two categories, imo.

    #1) Looking for reasons to hate on Bellator

    #2) They don't understand how truly archaic the pay per view model is these days.

    That's really promising for Bellator to pull 100k, I haven't been the biggest supporter since they moved to Spike TV, but in this market, that's a good number for a company not named UFC. Good to see MMA thriving, no matter what the name on the banner is.
    I'm not saying that it would be a failure if it were true. I just highly doubt that it is true.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,453

    Default

    I don't think the Spike TV president would publically lie about the PPV numbers. These numbers will either be confirmed or proven false when Viacom releases their SEC filings later this year.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Rumors circulating that UFC 174 didn't break 100k
    really???
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I don't think the Spike TV president would publically lie about the PPV numbers. These numbers will either be confirmed or proven false when Viacom releases their SEC filings later this year.
    They wouldnt, they have no reason to deceive the general public.. It will ultimately only be hurting themselves looking like they made more money than they actually did. I dont understand all the hate and dismay at Bellator potentially having a successful pay per view event...

    I believe Bellator popped their 100k PPV cherry.. and good for them!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    really???

    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Rumors circulating that UFC 174 didn't break 100k
    According to BJ Penn.com (take it for what its worth)its barely over 200k.

    http://www.bjpenn.com/ratings-report...rely-hit-200k/

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    According to BJ Penn.com (take it for what its worth)its barely over 200k.

    http://www.bjpenn.com/ratings-report...rely-hit-200k/
    That's UFC 173, Dillashaw/Barao not UFC 174 which had Mighty Mouse/Bagautinov

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,719

    Default

    Yea, 173 did somewhere in the 200k mark. Which is about on point for a BW headlined card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    That's UFC 173, Dillashaw/Barao not UFC 174 which had Mighty Mouse/Bagautinov
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Yea, 173 did somewhere in the 200k mark. Which is about on point for a BW headlined card.
    200k aint bad, Dillashaw/Barao was a helluva night! 173 definitely didnt have me complaining... 174 had great potential on paper and wasnt the worst card I've seen by no means, but a few fights definitely didnt hit the mark.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •