Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bellator crosses 100,000 buy mark for inaugural pay-per-view effort

1. Default

Has there been any talk of the UFC adopting a WWE style selling point for their network ala offering 12 ppvs a year in the price?

2. Default

I often wonder how the PPV buys stack up in earnings compared to sponsership money they make for selling ad space on the free to tv cards. Im not going to complain about watered down cards, but I will admit I dont often buy ppv's anymore. I think I would much rather watch a soft card every saturday night for free on fox or vs, then buy a slightly better ppv once a month.

The UFC has the talent pool to run weekly shows, they just need to stop laying fighters off after every event.

The whole PPV business model reminds me of the bull story from the supranos. "a father and a son bull were standing above a field watching the cows graze. The son says "hey dad, why dont we run down there and f*ck one of those cows?" the father replies, "Why not walk down, and f*ck em all?" Rather then grabbing 50 bucks a viewer once a month, they would be better served to get say 10 in ad revenue/viewer(just pulling that number out of my *ss, but...) weekly.

Anyway, rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Has there been any talk of the UFC adopting a WWE style selling point for their network ala offering 12 ppvs a year in the price?
    Dana addressed it and said it makes no sense for them to do, but that was a few months back and PPV's are on a steep decline interest wise. Thankfully, nothing he says really means anything because he changes his mind when it suits him.

20 dollars a month and the UFC gives you every card and access to the library they are putting up, I think everyone would be tempted to buy it. Along with TUF, the advertising alone would make them huge dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    20 dollars a month and the UFC gives you every card and access to the library they are putting up, I think everyone would be tempted to buy it. Along with TUF, the advertising alone would make them huge dollars.
    That would be an awesome deal, however I think it is incredibly unlikely at this point. I have the WWE network, which is essentially the same idea, and that is costing WWE losses of $40-50m this year because they have euthanised their PPV income. I don't think it would be a good business plan for the UFC to implement such an idea at this point in time, they should focus their efforts on improving their PPV offerings and increasing revenue through buys rather than risk giving up on PPV altogether.

OMG that purse would look totally cute with these new red bottoms I just bought. Thanks Spambot!!
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information