+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UFC For Alexander Gustafsson, it's simple: Sign the bout agreement, Jon Jones

I doubt Jones wants this fight. Last time out he found out what a good shit kicking felt like and I imagine he doesn't want to go through that again. Gus will take the belt this time as he should have last time.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Too bad that "lion" or shall we say "kittycat" doesn't wanna sign his bout agreement.
    Last edited by 1inthechamber; 05-31-2014 at 04:38 PM.

That was a cool video
    Last edited by IceCold48; 06-01-2014 at 12:30 AM.

I think Jones figured out a long time ago that the more the public resents him, the bigger his ppv buys, the bigger his pay check. He's playing his "haters" like a fiddle. They WILL buy this ppv because they believe GUS will destroy him. The big thing will be the eye poke problem and how the ref deals with jone's tendency to hold out his fingers. He probably has the an even worse rep that Chuck Liddell for eye pokes. should be an interesting fight, not sure if it will go 5 rounds again, and I have no idea who will win. Can't say that for most Jon Jones fights.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

White: No Jon Jones contract and I don't like it at all
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ike-it-at-all/
    On Thursday Gustafsson goaded Jones, via Facebook.

"Jon 'Bones' Jones, 4 days have past and still no signature from you on that piece of paper from the UFC," wrote Gustafsson. "As a Champ, accept my challenge. You have something that belongs to me and I want it. The fans are waiting, so come on now, stop delaying."

It has 35,000 Likes so far.
    At a media scrum after the UFN 41 weigh ins in Berlin on Friday, UFC president Dana White was asked what the hold up was.

"You gotta ask Jon Jones that," said White. "I don't know. I don't like it, I don't like it at all."

Jones appeared to respond, via Twitter.

Jon Bones Jones ‏@JonnyBones
    Let's make the distinction between bad business and bad press

art ‏@fluorescentinca
    @JonnyBones You HAVE to sign Aug 30 bout agreement. UFC has no respect for you. They already announced the fight!

Jon Bones Jones ‏@JonnyBones
    @fluorescentinca You get it.

As has become commonplace, Jones later deleted the final tweet.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He knows he lost the first fight and doesn't wanna deal with someone who hits him at will. He'll probably end up signing only to pull out with an "injury". Forcing maybe Cormier vs Gus, which is what he's been crying about ever since Gus KO'd Manuwa.

Ppl saying he's just trying to play the heel forget Jones is not very bright, look at all the stupid shit that comes out his mouth.

Jon Pokes Jones wants no part of Gus or Cormier.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    He knows he lost the first fight and doesn't wanna deal with someone who hits him at will. He'll probably end up signing only to pull out with an "injury". Forcing maybe Cormier vs Gus, which is what he's been crying about ever since Gus KO'd Manuwa.

Ppl saying he's just trying to play the heel forget Jones is not very bright, look at all the stupid shit that comes out his mouth.

Jon Pokes Jones wants no part of Gus or Cormier.
    He does seem pretty scared. He's like a completely different person/fighter than he was when before he was champ and even his first few title defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    He does seem pretty scared. He's like a completely different person/fighter than he was when before he was champ and even his first few title defenses.
    I don't think he's scared. For that matter, I don't think Wandi is scared of sonnen, either.

I think bones is trying to play the game with zuffa and renegotiate the best contract he can. If dana wants to go and stupidly announce a fight without having signed bout agreements, that's his mistake--and one he should have learned from the last time he did it with jones. It's not like jones hasn't played the diva before, dana should know what he's getting this time around.

It's funny, that bullshit "bones is bestest p4p" pandering that dana spewed is capable of biting him in the ass here--it's not likehe's going to turn around and strip bones' title simply for not agreeing to face Goose or to say "how high" when dana says "jump."

But this is stupid business shit. zuffa has made it a point for too long to leave their dirty laundry out for the world to see, but I honestly don't think Jones is afraid of Gus. And mind you, I think jones lost the first fight.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Jones seems different because you guys want to see a change. I personally think Aug 30 is way too soon, Jones fought on April 26th, so he would only have 4 months to recover/spend time with his family/train for another title fight. An october bout agreement would be much more agreeabe.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information