Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking the most disappointing fighters in UFC history

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Again, 9 fights, 9 bonuses, where's the disappointment?
    9 fights with with a 4-5 record. A losing record would be considered a disappointment to most especially for a guy with Wandy's rep. Winning a bonus for losing a fight doesn't really carry a lot of weight for me really

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    9 fights with with a 4-5 record. A losing record would be considered a disappointment to most especially for a guy with Wandy's rep. Winning a bonus for losing a fight doesn't really carry a lot of weight for me really
    It sure does in the UFC. Winning a bonus on multiple occasions will have you headlining cards, winning consecutive fights or not.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He lost exactly one fight out of those 9 to a guy who wasn't a former ufc champ.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I was pretty disappointed that Hendo lost both of his UFC title fights, but he isn't a disappointment.

I would throw Maynard somewhere on my own personal list. I thought that guy was gonna be a champ for sure.

It's hard to not consider Swick a disappointment.

I am disappointed that Bader can't seem to break through to the upper echelon. He's still youngish though.
    USA! USA! USA!

Ive always looked at Swick more so as a missed oppertunity then a disappointment. If he could only have stayed healthy.
    Yeah, you are right.
    USA! USA! USA!

6. Default

What about George Sots? I expected great things out of him. At one point, I thought he was 155 champion material. He started off with a great run with some good names on it, only to completely fall apart.

What about George Sots? I expected great things out of him. At one point, I thought he was 155 champion material. He started off with a great run with some good names on it, only to completely fall apart.
    Yeah, he was a guy that I heard about, as a title contender, exactly enough to become interested, only to never hear about him again. The same thing is kinda going on with TJ Grant, to a lesser extent, but due to injury. I hate when I get a name hammered into my brain, as a star, and then they fall off. It's useless info that sticks in my brain forever, for no reason. To give an example, I have baseball players names stuck in my head from 15-20 years ago, that had 1 good year. They weren't even on teams I freaking liked, and nobody remembers them, but me.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information