Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: UFC schedules event same day, ten mlles from Bellator show

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,177

    Default UFC schedules event same day, ten mlles from Bellator show

    UFC schedules event same day, ten mlles from Bellator show
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...Bellator-show/
    During the TUF Brazil 3 Finale pre show on FOX Sports 1, the UFC announced that it would be holding UFC Fight Night 50 on Friday, September 5 at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Ledyard, Conn. Historically, the UFC put on four shows at the rival Mohegan Sun Arena - UFC 35 (2002), UFC 39 (2002), UFC 45 (2003), and UFC 55 (2005).

    What made the announcement newsworthy is not a return to Connecticut after nearly a decade, but rather that Bellator 123 is taking place the same night at Mohegan Sun, in Uncasville, Conn., just ten miles away.

    Bellator 123 will be headlined by UFC veteran James Irvin vs. Connecticut's Brennan Ward, who is coming off a loss to Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko. The event will also feature opening fights from Bellator's season 11 middleweight tournament.

    The UFC has not yet announced the UFN 50 main event.

    The event comes during an extraordinarily busy season for the UFC, including two events taking place on the same day, twice.
    Aug 16: UFC Fight Night 47, Bangor, Maine
    Aug 23: UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Le , Macau, China
    Aug 23: UFC Fight Night 49, Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Aug 30: UFC 177, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sep 5: UFC Fight Night 50, Ledyard, Connecticut
    Sep 13: UFC Fight Night Brasília, Brazil
    Sep 20: UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson, Saitama, Japan
    Sep 27: UFC 178, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Oct 4: UFC Fight Night, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Oct 4: UFC Fight Night , Stockholm, Sweden
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,177

    Default

    Garry Cook: 'We're changing the landscape of sport'
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/1/...scape-of-sport
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    680

    Default

    I'm a bit concerned about the 178 card that I'll be going to in TO. With so many events sandwiched around it, it's probably going to be quite watered down. Then again, most cards feel like that nowadays because there are so many events. I still think if they put the 2 events from yesterday together, it would have made a pretty good card instead of two mediocre cards.

    They do usually up the ante a bit for PPV's, but I want Hunt/Nelson there goddamnit. And I'm wondering what title fight they can plunk onto it because most seem tied up now. HW-mexico, LHW-Sweden or Vegas, MW-in June, WW-Brown/Lawler gotta fight first, LW-Dec, FW-August, FLW-June and I'm not too enthused bout it. I say do Jone/Gus 2 in TO again, cuz I'm greedy

    Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

  4. Default

    According to a facebook post 18 hours ago, looks like your flying to japan if you want to see hunt v nelson live. Im gonna predict no title fight at the Toronto show, but you might just wind up with brown/lawler or another good title eliminator as the main event.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I'm a bit concerned about the 178 card that I'll be going to in TO. With so many events sandwiched around it, it's probably going to be quite watered down. Then again, most cards feel like that nowadays because there are so many events. I still think if they put the 2 events from yesterday together, it would have made a pretty good card instead of two mediocre cards.

    They do usually up the ante a bit for PPV's, but I want Hunt/Nelson there goddamnit. And I'm wondering what title fight they can plunk onto it because most seem tied up now. HW-mexico, LHW-Sweden or Vegas, MW-in June, WW-Brown/Lawler gotta fight first, LW-Dec, FW-August, FLW-June and I'm not too enthused bout it. I say do Jone/Gus 2 in TO again, cuz I'm greedy
    I agree all these cards remind me of an old Fairly Odd Parents episode where Timmy wishes for Christmas everyday and it ends up being a shitty idea.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    According to a facebook post 18 hours ago, looks like your flying to japan if you want to see hunt v nelson live. Im gonna predict no title fight at the Toronto show, but you might just wind up with brown/lawler or another good title eliminator as the main event.
    Well off to Japan I go then.

    Yea, I seen that fight is on the Japan card. It's just something interesting like that I want to see on the TO card. Brown/Lawler would be good too, but that's booked for the July 26th Fox card.

    Maybe Dillashaw could defend his belt, although I'm not the biggest fan of the divisions lower than 155. Or Davis could defend her belt after she takes it from Rousey on July 5.

    But yea, just with so many cards in close proximity of one another, its probably gonna water this one down pretty bad. UFC 152 was looking like that with Johnson/Benavidez as the main, Bisping/Stann as co-main, and Hammill/Hollet as the third. Until the whole 151 cancelling thing happened, and Jones/Belfort got put on the card. Good thing too, because Johnson/Benavidez sucked and I would have been turned off to paying so much for tickets if that was the main event.

    I'm still hoping for Jones though, as he's fought 3 times at Toronto cards (Machida, Belfort, Gus). But there's always been a title fight (or 2) on Toronto cards thus far. But with 86 thousand cards happening this year, it might not happen, even though there are 9 champions (soon to be 10?)

    Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •