Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Despite recent 1-3 record, UFC Fight Night 41's Mark Munoz plans to fight on

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    He needs better management to be honest, losing to Weidman and taking time off for injuries was a smart move, but then to take a return fight against Machida was just brazen and obviously a mistake. Then to take another fight against a guy that I believe is a future top 5 in Gegard seems just as bad. Protect your fighter, he could of moved down the card and taken on someone a little less dangerous and pulled in a much needed win.
    He is 36 and still had title ambitions. He didn't really have time to continue to beat up on unranked fighters.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

He should fight Chael for a big money fight then call it a day. Also likely a fight he'll win.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

This is the main reason why stats don't tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    He is 36 and still had title ambitions. He didn't really have time to continue to beat up on unranked fighters.
    I am sure Shane Carwin felt the same way, and look what happened to him. Fighters need to understand that they can't all be champions, and manage there careers properly. Fighting top 10 guys over and over and getting finished is doing nothing for his title chances, he is literally out of title contention forever, he was handidly beat by the current champion, future champion and future title challenger and perhaps also a champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I'm not gonna retire from my job because I'll never be the boss.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Munoz will never be top 5 again, its difficult for me to say he is even top 10 at this point. He hasnt looked good in a fight since he narrowly beat Damien Maia.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

I am sure Shane Carwin felt the same way, and look what happened to him. Fighters need to understand that they can't all be champions, and manage there careers properly. Fighting top 10 guys over and over and getting finished is doing nothing for his title chances, he is literally out of title contention forever, he was handidly beat by the current champion, future champion and future title challenger and perhaps also a champion.
    Carwin almost was champion. That fight wouldn't have been a bad stoppage if it was stopped. Munoz was never talented enough to be a champ.

Is that what you would do if you were a fighter manager? Tell your top 10 fighters that truly believe they are championship material that they are not good enough and they should fight unranked fighters into the twilight of their career. Fuck taking chances. Fuck their dreams. Prolong their careers and make a little bit more money.

Most fighters are extremely prideful athletes. They are going to try to get the top no matter how many critics they have. A lot of them are going to want to continue sacrificing their body just for a pay check. They need a goal.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

He needs to take a step back and fight someone outside of the top ten. There is really no shame in losing to Mousasi, Machida, or Weidman, but he needs to get a back in the win column.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

9. Default

Latest Report From Mark Munoz Concerning Knee Injury
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2014/06/...g-knee-injury/

Mark Munoz suffered a knee injury over the weekend during his submission loss to Gegard Mousasi in Germany. After returning to the U.S., Munoz underwent an MRI to find out the extent of the injury.

The results came back as a grade 3 tear in the MCL and a strained ACL, which will put Munoz on the shelf for a few months.

“After my injuries heal…..I look forward to getting back in the Octagon and putting on a better show for the fans,” Munoz wrote. “It was an honor to headline the first UFC event in Berlin.”
    Munoz was coming off a knockout loss to Lyoto Machida that finished his 2013 year, which also saw him return to action and defeat Tim Boetsch. However, Mousasi was able to lock in a quick choke and secure the victory, dropping Munoz to 1-3 in his last four fights overall.

“I was very disappointed with my performance,” he wrote. “Congratulations to Gegard for his impressive win. I want to thank my fans for their unwavering support.”
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Fuck, another injury? Can we toss this guy a softball fight when he comes back?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information