Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Despite recent 1-3 record, UFC Fight Night 41's Mark Munoz plans to fight on

...chael sonnen is 1 and 3 in his last 4.

Why isn't anyone calling for his retirement? Actually, if people are going to just look at arbitrary points in a career, I'm pretty sure Munoz is 5 and 3 in his last 8, sonnen is 4 and 4.

Fuck MMAJunkie.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Carwin almost was champion. That fight wouldn't have been a bad stoppage if it was stopped. Munoz was never talented enough to be a champ.

Is that what you would do if you were a fighter manager? Tell your top 10 fighters that truly believe they are championship material that they are not good enough and they should fight unranked fighters into the twilight of their career. Fuck taking chances. Fuck their dreams. Prolong their careers and make a little bit more money.

Most fighters are extremely prideful athletes. They are going to try to get the top no matter how many critics they have. A lot of them are going to want to continue sacrificing their body just for a pay check. They need a goal.
    Taking a step back does not mean they won't make a run for a title. Look what its gotten him, so far out of the title picture, he will not be considered a title challenger for years. I would without a doubt tell any fighter I managed after 2 loses to take a step back in competition and right himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Taking a step back does not mean they won't make a run for a title. Look what its gotten him, so far out of the title picture, he will not be considered a title challenger for years. I would without a doubt tell any fighter I managed after 2 loses to take a step back in competition and right himself.
    My post was kind of pissy. For for that.

I can see your point but it really does depend on the circumstance. He is 36. He might not want a couple build up fights to get back to fighting top ten because his window is closing physically. He probably saw that Gegard has had issues with wrestlers before and thought he was a good style match up that could bring right back in the title shot picture.

Even if you told him he should take a step back doesn't mean he is going to listen. I have never thought very much of Munoz. I never thought he would get a title shot, even when MW was the most shallow division. He has always believed in himself though. As a manager it would be your responsibility to present to him any offers and if he accepts that is his choice.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Munzo needs to get healthy and a good fight to get his confidence back.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Thread Information