Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC: If Jon Jones stalls, I'll fight Goose for interim title

Default DC: If Jon Jones stalls, I'll fight Goose for interim title

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-interim-title

"I know this will probably be unpopular, but if [Jones] won't sign, whether it be for money or a lack of wanting to fight the kid, I'll fight Alexander Gustafsson," Cormier said. "But it should be for the interim title...If they're putting a belt on the line, I don't care what date it is. It was never about Jones, I just want the title...Besides, it'll work out better for [Jones]; he won't have to fight both of us."
    I think a bit preemptive here by DC but i love the self marketing and putting the bug in the public's ear.
    LJS-NEMS

Cormier making the push!

im pretty confendent Jones will resign within the month...extremely premature on DC's part

lolz

5. Default

Had me wondering interim tiltle at lhw didn't know there was a vacancy/ Jones injuried for a while. If Jones resigns or not doesn't matter as he is still under his old contract since he's the champ. Only thing delaying signing would do is delay how much extra he would get as he would still get paid under his old contract base pay.

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    im pretty confendent Jones will resign within the month...extremely premature on DC's part
    Cormier is just trolling here. Jones is clearly doing the MMA equivalent of a hold out in football.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Now that DC said this, this is exactly what Jones is gonna do. Jon is in no rush to fight Goose again.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Now that DC said this, this is exactly what Jones is gonna do. Jon is in no rush to fight Goose again.
    Well its a step up for Cormier so obviously he is gonna say it. Wining an interim title and then having a title unification bout will probably land him a lot more money than simply being the challenger at the end of the year at the earliest.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

This kinda reminds me of the Chuck/Tito/Randy LHW title situation when Tito had the dispute over not wanting to fight Chuck at first, so they bring Randy in as a body for Chuck and then he goes and plays spoiler beating both to win the interim and then unifying the LHW title with wins over both. Except I think it's obvious Jones is playing ball and I'm not entirely convinced this isn't a ploy by ZUFFA and Jones to build towards a "Full-Mayweather" personna, since his brand as a babyface is next to none.

Not a fan of this idea for sooo many reasons.

Lets say they do the fight for the interm title, Jones eventually signs, then the winner is injured and out for 6 months or whatever. What happens in the meantime? Jones fights/eyepokes another Middleweight?

This also eliminates the next 2 challengers for the belt. Who's up next besides Goose and DC? Rashad or Rumble?

Sure Jones wants more money or whatever. Sign the bout agreement and let your management work out a new contract in the meantime. Unless he's just content to sit on the sidelines until the new deal is in place, which is bullshit. Was his last fight the last one on his contract or is there one more? (they usually renegotiate with 1 left right?)

But I get what DC's doing here. He doesn't want to wait until year end, or next year to get a shot at the belt.

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Thread Information