Thread: Dana White: 'Nobody knows what the f--- they are talking about when it comes to TRT a

Default Dana White: 'Nobody knows what the f--- they are talking about when it comes to TRT a

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/2/...-vitor-belfort

The UFC 175 fight between Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort hinges on the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) granting Belfort a license to fight on the July 5 card in Las Vegas. If the NSAC does not grant Belfort that license the fight will be scratched, and Sonnen will be removed from the event.

As UFC president Dana White said during a recent media scrum, "There is no plan B" if Belfort fails to obtain a license.

Some items that may arise during Belfort's hearing with the NSAC are his 2006 failed drug test in the state while fighting under the Pride banner, his past use of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), and the undisclosed results of a random drug test that the NSAC administered to Belfort.

That random drug test took place on February 7 of this year. Due to the fact that Belfort did not apply for a license to fight in Nevada after that test was administered, the results were never made public. With his application to fight on the July card the results from that drug test could be brought into play.

White addressed Belfort's undisclosed random test results by saying, "Here's the reality of that test, doctors disagree with the results of that test." When pressed on what doctors those are, White replied, "Doctors that matter disagree with the results of that test."

The UFC president then went on to offer his opinion on why TRT, which was banned by the NSAC earlier this year, needed to be removed from the sport, "Here's the problem, nobody knows what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to TRT and the testing," said White. "It's the main reason it had to go away. If you talk to three different doctors, if you talk to different commissions, everybody has a different opinion on it. Nobody knew what the hell they were talking about. When it's like that it's got to go away, it's too big of a problem."

As far as the fighters that used TRT while under contract for the UFC, White said the percentage was very small, "There were 500 guys under contract and you had Chael (Sonnen), Vitor (Belfort), (Dan) Henderson and Frank Mir," claimed White. "You had four guys taking it. Four guys were taking it out of 500 guys under contract."

White was later asked if he thought the drug testing in the sport, which is handled by individual commissions, and not the UFC is sufficient. To that, White was quick to answer to the affirmative, "I think we have the best system in all of sports. Wanderlei Silva just got caught (and) he didn't even fight yet. They're chasing guys around. They're pre-testing. They're random testing. If you do anything in this sport, you will get caught."

Belfort's hearing with the NSAC is scheduled for June 17.
    Well you heard it here folks! The UFC has better drug testing than the Olympics!
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

"Wanderlei Silva just got caught"

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    "Wanderlei Silva just got caught"

Interesting.
    Yeah I caught that to Dana let something slip that he shouldn't have

Also sounds like Vitor's numbers for his testosterone levels are in dispute as well from his test

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah I caught that to Dana let something slip that he shouldn't have

Also sounds like Vitor's numbers for his testosterone levels are in dispute as well from his test
    I have a family member who is an endocrinologist and they somewhat echo Dana White's sentiments. The issue with taking testosterone therapy, then trying to test again is the swings in levels. If your doctor puts you on Androgel or a similar topical cream, after a month they want to re-test your levels to see where they are. The problem is, nobody can tell you when to do the testing, not even the pharmacutical companies that make the stuff. If you take a testosterone cream in the morning, then test immediately afterwards you might show a ridiculously high level which would fail a drug test. If you tested the same guy 8 hours later they might show a low normal reading. Same thing for the shots. If you get testosterone delivered in a shot, then test the next day you'll show very high levels. Test the same guy 9 days later before his next shot is due and he could be on the very low end of the scale.

They need to develop scheduled delivery and testing for this. Maybe make the person test several times per day and average the results. I think it's more a testing issue than anything else at this point.

5. 06-02-2014, 01:13 PM

"There were 500 guys under contract and you had Chael (Sonnen), Vitor (Belfort), (Dan) Henderson and Frank Mir," claimed White. "You had four guys taking it. Four guys were taking it out of 500 guys under contract."
    Really? Four? I think it was a few more than that. Bigfoot, Marquardt, Griffin, Duffee, Rothwell, Shane Roller, and Rampage all received TUE's for TRT.

Belfort's hearing with the NSAC is scheduled for June 17.
    I'm calling it right now. Belfort no shows his hearing because he's busy at home playing EA Sports UFC. I mean, can you blame him? That game looks fuckin sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Man, every time Dana talks lately all I can envision is ...

Doctors that matter? (cuz some don't matter in his books)

Only 4 out of 500? (No bigfoot, marquart, griffin, etc. ...)(is there really 500?)

Wanderlei got caught? Really? I didn't know he took the test and got caught.

The best system in all of sports?

I usually end up coming to artricles quoting DW just to see what ludacris bullshit he's going to spout off this time.

JUGGS GOT YAAAAAAAAA

If you haven't watched I'm the Juggernaut bitch, go now to the youtube. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

I listened to the recent Fight Companion episode of the Joe Rogan Experience, and Joe said something during the show that may or may not be true. He stated that Vitor recently tested positive for testosterone and that was a major reason why they did away with therapeutic use exemptions for TRT.

If this was already said elsewhere, my apologies for not knowing.

Edit: I didn't see any articles stating as such anyway. If there are, perhaps I should have actually looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    Man, every time Dana talks lately all I can envision is ...

Doctors that matter? (cuz some don't matter in his books)

Only 4 out of 500? (No bigfoot, marquart, griffin, etc. ...)(is there really 500?)

Wanderlei got caught? Really? I didn't know he took the test and got caught.

The best system in all of sports?

I usually end up coming to artricles quoting DW just to see what ludacris bullshit he's going to spout off this time.

well like your picture says "it's cool to be a hater"

Wow, that was terrible, even for dana. I can't understand how such a visible, public head of a corporation isn't destroyed in the mainstream press for such an obvious and deliberate stream of half-truths. Without paying close attention, I counted six, can you spot them all? There are probably more.

I'm not even a Wandi fan, but I hope he sues the shit out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    They need to develop scheduled delivery and testing for this. Maybe make the person test several times per day and average the results. I think it's more a testing issue than anything else at this point.
    I've been calling for that for a while, as well as anyone applying for a TUE to do the 12 week purge before testing begins to see what "normal" levels they have, with multiple tests during that span. And it should all be covered by the fighter, not the org.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I have a family member who is an endocrinologist and they somewhat echo Dana White's sentiments. The issue with taking testosterone therapy, then trying to test again is the swings in levels. If your doctor puts you on Androgel or a similar topical cream, after a month they want to re-test your levels to see where they are. The problem is, nobody can tell you when to do the testing, not even the pharmacutical companies that make the stuff. If you take a testosterone cream in the morning, then test immediately afterwards you might show a ridiculously high level which would fail a drug test. If you tested the same guy 8 hours later they might show a low normal reading. Same thing for the shots. If you get testosterone delivered in a shot, then test the next day you'll show very high levels. Test the same guy 9 days later before his next shot is due and he could be on the very low end of the scale.

Agreed and the levels can vary by many other factors as well. So many lifestyle choices can alter your levels a fair bit one way or another.

Short of low daily dosages (if that's even possible?) and constant monitoring of levels daily there really is no legitimate way for an athlete to take this stuff without the potential for abuse to be there

Thread Information