+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

He's doing the same he did with Glover. He said Glover wasn't ready or deserving of a title shot but when heeard "Gus rematch" all of a sudden Glover was "ready" lol. Same shit here, Cormier just announced he's injured too so ducking Gus again and fighting a less than 100% Cormier would be a win/win here for Pokes.

He's so scared of fighting a fight now where he doesn't have the same ridiculous size advantages as all his other fights lol

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Or is Jones just trolling you? I still stand by what i said yesterday, Goose and Jones will be booked sometime after Thursday (as in the weekend) if not right away thursday.

If the fight (Jones Goose) gets signed after the meeting between the UFC and Jones, that does not mean Jones was trolling but instead the UFC (as his employer) put him in his place and told him he was fighting Goose.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Jones has a point. It sure seems like he's fighting every Top 5 fighter out there without any of them having to fight each other. He's already beat Goose, Teixeira, Evans, Machida, & Rua and now he wants the only undefeated Top 5 fighter out there in Cormier. It's not like he wants to fight some nobody. The UFC is saying he has to fight Goose again before fighting Cormier. Why not have some of those guys actually have to beat each other in order to get a title shot? Who did Tex beat in the top 10 to get a title shot? Who did Goose beat in the Top 10 to get a rematch? Cormier beat nobody in the Top 5 either. Why are none of these guys fighting each other?

I'd give Jones Cormier next and make Tex and Goose fight each other.
    Last edited by JPeezy; 06-03-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    If the fight (Jones Goose) gets signed after the meeting between the UFC and Jones, that does not mean Jones was trolling but instead the UFC (as his employer) put him in his place and told him he was fighting Goose.
    Absolutely.

They're going to go to the meeting Thursday knowing that 1) Cormier's knee's jacked and it wasn't until he came out and said it that Jones changed his mind, 2) Greg Jackson has kinda thrown Jones under the bus stating that he's good with Goose rematch, 3) Jones has already turned down the rematch once before to fight Glover, 4) Jones isn't drawing anywhere near commensurate to his stellar record and ability and he's got a long contract, so he really can't play too many games and 5) Jones still has heat for the cancelled PPV regardless of actual culpability.

So basically, Jones can either eat it and take the Goose rematch or they disagree and he gets shredded in the media by Dana for calling out a guy whose knee is injured and can start the "he's ducking him" narrative.

Jones vs Dana in a loser leaves town match, Dana has to survive one minute to win.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post

I'd give Jones Cormier next and make Tex and Goose fight each other.
    Problem with that idea is Goose is ready to go.. Tex is out recovering his shoulder.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

Serious.. you think Rampage faked the eye pokes?

I guess I was right, Jon's nuts must be pushing on your temporal lobe causing your brain to forget visual memories. I kid, but for real ... A question for Bones - Whether or not you believe this is what is going on - so if you were to take the Jones video at face value... Does DC deserve a title shot? IF Jones is avoiding Goose, do you think it is justified and if so, who should his next opponent be?
    In that particular video that Ice had yes, i sure do - ESPECIALLY with Rosenthal standing right there. Im not saying it didnt happen in that fight, but at that particular gif he didnt poke rampage.

Do i think DC deserves a shot - i guess so. I wasnt really for it before the Hendo win and even that doesnt scream title fight. In a perfect world it would be nice to see DC fight rashad or glover if he wasnt injured. I want the rematch with Goose personally to shut everyone the fuck up with this nonsense that Goose beat Jones and is better than Jones etc, etc. But what i want doesnt matter, i support either fight.

Whats funny to me is everyone is so quick to say "DC would smash Jones" but when Jones says he wants to fight DC everyone is all like "Woooah what about Goose and the rematch blah blah blah" the guy literally cant win with some of you guys.

And this is for the haters.

Last edited by BonesKnows; 06-04-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

8. Default

Truth be told, I really dont care who he fights. Ive bought my last Jones ppv. I bought the Glover one, my first since he ducked the original Chael fight, and was disgusted by the eye pokes and pawing at glover's face. Throw in all this bullsh*t drama, his lousy attitude, complete lack of heart, and diva behaviour, and Im out.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

Between the Sonnen/Vitor/Wandy bullshit, and now this...remember when we just talked about fights? And not this soap opera egomaniacal he said she said bullshit? I miss those days.
    Seriously. My MMA fandom is holding on by a tiny thread.

It's strange because the last time I almost quit on MMA was when Sonnen got the title shot against Jones. I don't even mind Jones that much, I've cheered for him in all his fights so far, but he seems to be the figurehead for the new reality of the UFC.

I'm not even that upset, just worn out.

I will prob. get flamed by some for saying this but I going to. Bones is not a fighter he is a business man, whos business happens to be fighting. I feel the only reason Bones wants DC right now his because of his knee. I think DC is a bigger threat than goose to that belt. Bones knows if he jights DC know it will be an eaiser fight than when he is healed.
    Last edited by The Sword; 06-04-2014 at 09:42 AM.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information