Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Not really a sweets guy, but a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a stout is legit.
    Yea it is. Almost TOO legit....
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Not really a sweets guy, but a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a stout is legit.
    Blasphemy!

...although I'm ok on brewing milk stouts, even if there isn't any actual milk in them.

When I lived in Ireland, women would put black currant syrup in Guinness. I never tried it. un-traveled Guinness was too transcendent to mess with.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I can't say anything in response to your post besides......BASTARD.

I really want to enjoy a Guinness in Ireland.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    What the fuck is he drinking, a Shocktop? You don't fruit the beer, man.

That would be blue moon. A friend of mines wife drinks it with orange. She made me try it onfr it completely kills the beer flavor. I gave it back and drank one straight.

As far a all this fighting DC instead of Gus we will never know the the real story. It could have neens Jones pissed at DC post fight it could have been him fucking with people or it could have been Dana trying to push Aug as in claming Gus said he wants to fight in Aug won't do it in Sept so Jones called his bluff and said ok give me DC then

My point is its all spin except to Jones and Dana. I for one don't Carr cuz we get the fight I wanted so I'm happy

not that I drink it often.. but Blue Moon with an Orange slice is pretty much the only way to do it... I don't really drink Blue Moon often but I do take it with the orange slice.. im a straight enjoy kraft beer guy with high alc% or ill pound Bud Lights

glad this fight is finally signed but I wont be happy if Goose dominates and Bones gets an immediate rematch (which I feel is quite possible).. well see what happens with Barao/Dillishaw to determine how this will unfold... but either way I want to see Gus/Jones II to see if Jones/Jackson can learn and adapt to Gus or if Goose is really on the rise to the real deal in which case I for sure want to see Goose/DC

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I can't say anything in response to your post besides......BASTARD.

I really want to enjoy a Guinness in Ireland.
    ...one of my favorite memories is watching the sun come up with the 12 Bens as a backdrop, a great plate of bangers, eggs and beans, and the condensation like jewels on the side of a freshly poured Guinness. It wasn't on my bucket list, because I was too ignorant to realize how incredibly awesome it was going to be.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Daniel Cormier: ‘Jon Jones isn't afraid of anybody’

"As hopeful as I was, as excited as I was, I'm still a realist. I knew the chances of it happening weren't very big," Cormier told FOX Sports. "Everything is what you make it. If I'm going to be down in the dumps, sad, disappointed, it's going to have an overall effect in my life. It will have an effect on me, it will have an effect on my family, it will have an effect on my kids, it will have an effect on my friendships. So if I'm able to keep things in perspective, if I'm able to maintain a positive outlook on everything, it makes it easier to deal with."

Jones' reluctance to sign the contract against Gustafsson until two days ago led some fans to assume that he was ducking the rematch in favour of a match-up against Cormier. 'DC' quickly disagreed and stated that Jones is not afraid of anybody and is the champion 'for a reason.'

"Jon Jones isn't afraid of anybody," Cormier said. "I think that's what we kind of miss in this whole 'he's ducking this guy, he's ducking that guy', Jon Jones isn't ducking anybody. He's the champion of the world for a reason and that's because he's good.

"I think it's posturing more than anything. We don't know his compensation package, we don't know what he makes, what he wants to make, we don't know if his decision was based on they didn't sell as many pay-per-views as he wanted. You don't know. There's so many things that go into those types of things."

*Could Cormier have came out of this situation looking any better? Jon needs to watch and learn.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He's just being nice so Jones doesn't cry too much when its time to sign a contract to fight a 100% Cormier

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

*Could Cormier have came out of this situation looking any better? Jon needs to watch and learn.
    Way to much credence has been given to what Dana had to say about this in my opinion. Cormier comes out looking good in this, but at the same time he pretty much says all those accusing Jones of ducking are way off base and don;t know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    He's just being nice so Jones doesn't cry too much when its time to sign a contract to fight a 100% Cormier
    Or maybe he just doesn;t have the same bias that others do..

10. 06-08-2014, 12:48 AM

been out of town the past few days for work - but did i not call this? Fight announced by the end of the weekend just like i said in the beginning pages of this thread. Remember when everyone freaked the fuck out of Dana jumping the gun - AGAIN.

Love all you guys jumping the gun on everything Jones does. And are there still some that dont think Jones was trolling you with that IG video? For real?

Thread Information