Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    been out of town the past few days for work - but did i not call this? Fight announced by the end of the weekend just like i said in the beginning pages of this thread. Remember when everyone freaked the fuck out of Dana jumping the gun - AGAIN.

Love all you guys jumping the gun on everything Jones does. And are there still some that dont think Jones was trolling you with that IG video? For real?
    A lot of people called it though, he didn't seem thrilled in his latest ig video announcing he was fighting Gus so not sure if it was full on trolling or not.

been out of town the past few days for work - but did i not call this? Fight announced by the end of the weekend just like i said in the beginning pages of this thread. Remember when everyone freaked the fuck out of Dana jumping the gun - AGAIN.

Love all you guys jumping the gun on everything Jones does. And are there still some that dont think Jones was trolling you with that IG video? For real?
    Everyone called it. Dana put Jon in his place and told him he will be fighting Gus.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dana put Jon in his place and told him he will be fighting Gus.
    lolz, yeah thats what happened.

lolz, yeah thats what happened.
    I don't know what happened. I know what didn't happen:

The LHW champion who is often alleged to be the best p4p fighter on the planet [and sadly, for him, p4p doesn't equate for poke-for-poke] wasn't eager to fight the very best opponent available. He didn't actively seek out the best challenge and secure it.

Make what you will of it: he was told who the boss was; or he was trolling; or a little of both.

But MMA fans are still left with yet another champion who doesn't actively seek out the best challenge available.

Which is sad, no matter how you interpret the situation.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    But MMA fans are still left with yet another champion who doesn't actively seek out the best challenge available.

rh
    Yet he is still fighting the #1 contender. And for arguments sake - havent many people said DC is a bigger challenge to Jones than Goose?

To save everybody time:

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't know what happened. I know what didn't happen:

The LHW champion who is often alleged to be the best p4p fighter on the planet [and sadly, for him, p4p doesn't equate for poke-for-poke] wasn't eager to fight the very best opponent available. He didn't actively seek out the best challenge and secure it.

Make what you will of it: he was told who the boss was; or he was trolling; or a little of both.

Which is sad, no matter how you interpret the situation.

rh
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Yet he is still fighting the #1 contender.
    I get that.

I also get the difference between actively and eagerly seeking out the best challenge available, and being forced into it.

And for arguments sake - havent many people said DC is a bigger challenge to Jones than Goose?
    with a bad knee? Really?

What did jones himself have to say about DC, less than six months ago?

Wouldn't it be a bigger accomplishment for him to face the best, healthiest fighter available? Wouldn't it be easier to be a fan of a guy who actively seeks out the very best of challenges, and overcomes them anyway?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I hope both are healthy through their camps and come in on weight so this fight can take place. Just so it'll finally be done with. And I hope DC gets to his shot (provided he is in fact next in line) healthy as can be. Just so it'll finally be done with.

Manager: Jon Jones isn't 'turning heel,' he's simply maturing and becoming more vocal
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/9/579...more-vocal-mma

In the latest instance, "Bones" posted a video (watch it here) questioning why people were labeling him a coward for preferring to fight Daniel Cormier instead of Alexander Gustafsson, a fighter he already defeated.

He also made it perfectly clear that the decision he was making was for his career, not yours.

Many believe Jon's latest antics are a sign of him finally embracing the role of "heel." His manager Malki Kawa, however, disagrees.

Appearing on a recent edition of The MMA Hour, Kawa says though he doesn't exactly know why Jones instantly deletes his posts, his videos aren't proof of him turning heel, but rather a sign of him maturing and no longer biting his tongue.

He explains:

"I don't know if this is him turning heel, I think what's going on with Jon is that he's maturing. This is him maturing and he's becoming more comfortable saying what he feels and not worrying too much about media backlash or people. What people don't understand about Jon, is that he wants to be a good example, especially for young kids. Jon wants when people look up to him to see a guy who put a lot of hard work into what he does. Its not something that just came to him because he's 6' 4" with long arms. He actually worked really hard to get better everyday. He also has his personal side, his personal life. He also has his business side, the life we don't see. When he was a kid, a lot of major celebrities or athletes might have looked down on him or didn't give him that autograph and he always said that he would never want to do that to anyone. How are athletes are portrayed nowadays, these big necklaces and partying all the time, whether he does that or not, it's not something that he necessarily wants out there. He also doesn't want to come across as that guy who is brash and cocky. What he's always tried to do is be a professional and act a certain way when he's on camera and all that. There are certain times when he has held his tongue back and held his feelings back. As time has gone one, he's realized that it's okay to tell someone that if you ask for a fight, your going to go toe-to-toe with them. It wasn't necessarily directed at the fans. That video was, 'you are trying to make me out to be a coward.' It could have been directed at the media, it could have been directed at Dana White, it could have been for the fans, who knows. That's the beauty of Jon Jones. He's just learning that it's okay to be a bit more vocal and to say things."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-09-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Wow his manager should do more talking for him lol. But I think its kinda late, the damage is already done

Thread Information