Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    i think he would use more swears like (goddamn, cunt, fucktard, pussy, asshole etc..) vs fuckin 500 times but that made me laugh because I read it in Danas voice and it was pretty spot on
    thank you. I don't believe more than a third of that, but I'm sure dana's minions would believe it, if he said it. Then imagine rogan recasting it on his podcast. It would be like Ikhnaton being struck from the steles all over Egypt. Nobody would even say his name again.

tito would get back in the UFC record book, just to spite jones.

wait, did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner bonerbonerbonerbonerbonerbonerboner

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    No its not. The ufc needs Jones, Jones doesnt need fighting aka the UFC.
    Jones ppv numbers are sub par for "the greatest champion ever"

Quote Originally Posted by singinkangaroooo View Post
    but this fight is signed so cant we just talk about how its going to go?? i rewatched the first fight last night and i can see in hindsight how the judges gave the fight to him despite having his faced BUSTED up.. Is Goose going to progress with his offensive and defensive wrestling?? his hands were beautiful but Jones won the fight with his kicks and spinning elbows so is Goose going to gameplan how to be more effective with that??
    I think a lot of it comes down to who watches the most film and works on adapting from there. I'm reminded of the first Penn/Edgar fight as a huge lesson: Penn [justifiably] felt he won that first bout, and didn't really do anything new or adaptive preparing for the second. Edgar went back to the lab and stayed there, his dissection of the first fight and reaction to holes was pivotal in winning the second.

For Gustafsson:
    I've got a good friend who teaches Krav Maga and who showed me some very painful responses to jones' habit of creating distance by hanging his arm out there. Take the elbow, take the shoulder. They'd be legal in MMA, and would be very effective...but if jones finally learns to judge distance without relying on a physical crutch, they wouldn't be necessary. Alexander needs to come up with a response to the oblique kicks--perhaps he'll stoop to employing them himself, as I am under the impression he actually has longer legs than jones. Checking kicks is going to be huge there--I feel like bones landed more leg kicks than any other strike, but if Goose is going to win, he's got to employ them offensively, as well. I felt like bones was pretty handily [and obviously] outstruck to the body and head, but was easily landing 3 to 1 against Alex's leg kicks. That took a toll on mobility and eked out points that made the fight closer than it should have been. Alex should go to the body more, as well, I feel like he was more effective in landing body shots, and now that he's tested jones' chin and found it more than capable, I'd counsel him to go for a war of attrition. Wear him down, work on taking his legs, his lungs and his liver. If he gets jones tired in deep water, look for him breathing through his mouth, as the potential for a KO goes up...but I wouldn't necessarily look for it otherwise.

Grappling, I'd advise Goose continue to work with Davis. Goose made jones look terrible grappling in the first bout, and I'm betting that's where most of jon's offensive work is going to be. Alexander should continue to push for an advantage there and exploit the weakness nobody else has been able to, thus far. I wouldn't advise him working on TDs. I think he was able to take jones down because it was so unexpected at that beginning of the fight, but jones was able to adapt through the rest of the rounds. I'd counsel him to work on setting up TD's with strikes, but only look to them later in the fight if he's relatively fresh. I'd also have him working on offensive reactions to jones if he continues to be so successful stuffing his attempts, including lots of grinding and body shots.

if it does go to the ground, both fighters have long limbs, which are more susceptible to submissions, particularly with relatively inexperienced submission grapplers. That's a crapshoot, it comes down to who works the hardest to prepare and who gives an opening.

jones
    bones has been working on head movement, but we'll see how far he's come. He looked better against Tex, but Glover doesn't have great handspeed and was working off a sizeable disadvantage and a jacked shoulder. But that could spell trouble for Alex if jones is able to incorporate better defense into his mixed bag of tricks. I'd strongly recommend him learning to gauge distance without hanging his hand out there, for a variety of reasons: it's better form, and a more polished, skillful way to fight; it's something his opponent will be looking for, and can counter effectively; enough melodrama has occurred that judges may finally start deducting points for his eyepokes. If he's not doing it, it means he's giving goose a very different look than last fight, and he minimizes the change of having the fight impacted by officiating.

he was very effective going to the legs and body. I'd recommend continuing that, and build on that war of attrition aspect. He doesn't have KO power, but he's got speed and an incredible variety of strikes on his side. Work to wear Alex down, and go for the head when the opportunity is there.

grappling is a toss up. I don't have a ton of respect for jones' game there, so I'm not really qualified to make an unbiased statement. I think he's been successful grappling because his opponents often need to shoot from so far out and don't have the frame to carry the takedown, but he was unsuccessful last fight until the last round. I'd honestly recommend him working on defense and trying to control the fight with striking, where he's still got some reach and variety as an advantage, and have him save his energy for TD's in the championship rounds, particularly if he's taken some of Goose's wind.

but again, I think it will come down to who brings a different look. I think the one who looks the most like they did in the last bout is going to lose.

or will Jones employ more of a dirty boxing strategy and get in close and bust Gus up and make sure he takes him down?? only time will tell but i hope Gus wins decisivly then DC fights him and Bones has to get a crack at the winner of that instead of an instant rematch which would suck
    Unless Gustafsson finishes him, I can't imagine there not being an immediate clamur for jones getting an automatic rubber match. There are even probably people who think jones has already earned a rematch, even if Goose does finish him.

I disagree with both of these schools of thought, but I understand how much the UFC loves money; and stupid money spends just as easily as smart money.

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Unless Gustafsson finishes him, I can't imagine there not being an immediate clamur for jones getting an automatic rubber match. There are even probably people who think jones has already earned a rematch, even if Goose does finish him.

I disagree with both of these schools of thought, but I understand how much the UFC loves money; and stupid money spends just as easily as smart money.

rh
    i stand by what ive said for a long time - close fights =/= rematch.

Question, if Jones lost and they gave him say a manuwa or bader as his next fight, would people complain about him getting a "soft" fight to protect the rubber match?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Question, if Jones lost and they gave him say a manuwa or bader as his next fight, would people complain about him getting a "soft" fight to protect the rubber match?
    I wouldn't.

But if Gustafsson complained about it, would it look better, or worse for him and his championship?

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I wouldn't.

But if Gustafsson complained about it, would it look better, or worse for him and his championship?

rh
    honestly, because its Goose and we are talking about Jon Jones, i think people would love it and agree with him.

I swear the more posts I read from this character PokesKnows, the more I think it has to be Kimbo>Rampage or a relative of his.

The number 1P4P Pokemon of the world finally manned up (or should I say got put in his place) and signed the contract. After all his bickering and bitching I think the fight gets delayed by him suffering an "injury". He obviously wants no part of that rematch. If he's lacking confidence, he will be giving that title over to Gus. That's if they actually make it to the fight

lolz, only a few more months of 1intheass bitching about jones before he has to eat all his words. Its going to be a great day when it comes.

Thread Information