Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword View Post
    I will prob. get flamed by some for saying this but I going to. Bones is mot a fighter he is a business man, whos business happens to be fighting. I feel the only reason Bones wants DC right now his because of his knee. I think DC is a bigger threat than goose to that belt. Bones knows if he jights DC know it will be an eaiser fight than when he is healed.
    The thing I don't understand about him is he was so eager to have people cheer for him in Baltimore, he spoke about it multiple times and even kissed ass by doing their beloved murder's special dance. Yet then he does shit like make that video, which is clearly going to make people hate him. He needs to choose one or the other. Or there is a third option...SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FIGHT!!

I agree with the business man reference how ever his mediocre paper view numbers and the fact that he is still relatively unknown for someone who the UFC has tried so hard to hype shows that he is a terrible one. If you asked random people to name five fighters a large majority would not name him.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

Do i think DC deserves a shot - i guess so. I wasnt really for it before the Hendo win and even that doesnt scream title fight.
    The problem everyone has with Jones now calling out DC is that Jones and all his fans (you included) foamed at the mouth whenever anyone would bring up DC getting a title shot. Jones & yourself screamed up and down that DC was NOT a contender & did NOT deserve a title shot at LHW. You discounted DC's wins at HW and said they should not be taken into account.

But now that DC has beaten an over the hill Hendo (who was on his first fight back after being forced to quit TRT) and has since announced a knee injury - all of a sudden Jones and his fans feel DC is a major contender?

I just dont get the logic. If you discount DC's HW record like you insisted should happen a couple months back... You have a guy who has beaten an unranked fighter in Cummings and a (on his way out) Hendo - It would be hard to imagine anyone else getting this push for a title shot after just beating Cummings on short notice and a TRT less Hendo. After losing to Jones, Lyoto beat Bader and then TRT Hendo and still was not worthy of another title shot...

I think if Jones and his fans would have embraced a shot with DC before he announced his knee injury and the shot with Goose was announced, fans would have loved it. But unfortunately, Jones and most his fans devalued DC's skills and accomplishments at every opportunity - so it is just natural when Jones calls out an injured DC after it was announced he would be fighting a healthy Gus - fans are going to call him out on his less than honorable actions as a world champion.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I get Jones wanting DC after DC's post Hendo fight interview. I get that he is pissed off and being pissed off can be a distraction until you get what you want.

That said we ALL say DC calling Jones out coming from a mile away. Personally, I think Gus should have had a tougher fight but he didn't and no matter how you shake it he only needed 1 fight to get a rematch. He should not have 2.

As one of the bigger Jones fans on this board the kid needs to shut the fuck up and fight.

My hope is that most of this is just hype type bullshit. Even still. Shut the fuck up and fight.

^^THIS^^

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    So basically, Jones can either eat it and take the Goose rematch or they disagree and he gets shredded in the media by Dana for calling out a guy whose knee is injured and can start the "he's ducking him" narrative.
    It will be very telling if dana actually brings up Cormier's knee.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Whats funny to me is everyone is so quick to say "DC would smash Jones" but when Jones says he wants to fight DC everyone is all like "Woooah what about Goose and the rematch blah blah blah" the guy literally cant win with some of you guys.
    He could win with me, and it wouldn't be hard.

Be eager to fight the best available, and don't poke them in eyes. Don't embrace easy fights and balk at ones that actually test him. It's really that simple.

That's the foundation that he lacks. If he could simply show that he has the heart of a champion--or even the heart of a fighter--I'd work to overlook the rest of the dirty nonsense he routinely pulls, his utter lack of personality, etc.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

It may be a matter of my old age but it truly saddens me to know that POSSIBLY the most physically gifted and talented fighter we have ever seen in MMA is so poor at channeling that ability into furthering the sport and being the champion and ambassador it deserves.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    It may be a matter of my old age but it truly saddens me to know that POSSIBLY the most physically gifted and talented fighter we have ever seen in MMA is so poor at channeling that ability into furthering the sport and being the champion and ambassador it deserves.
    I really, really wanted the Cormier callout to be just smoke and mirrors by dana. I don't hate jones, and I keep hoping he'll turn the corner and elevate both his game and the brand. I really didn't want to hear him duck Goose to chase and a guy who he stated hadn't earned a shot as little as 3 months ago--and one who had announced that he was injured last week.

pathetic.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I've come to realize he is not all that talented as a fighter but is extremely physically gifted and uses that to his advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I've come to realize he is not all that talented as a fighter but is extremely physically gifted and uses that to his advantage.
    you've got to be kidding me...Kevo, it appears you have a second addition to your sig now...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    The problem everyone has with Jones now calling out DC is that Jones and his only fan (you included) foamed at the mouth whenever anyone would bring up DC getting a title shot. Jones & yourself screamed up and down that DC was NOT a contender & did NOT deserve a title shot at LHW. You discounted DC's wins at HW and said they should not be taken into account.

fixed

Thread Information