Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 235

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Default


    Found this a while ago. Apparently he posted it to his instagram account then deleted it shortly there after.
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    you've got to be kidding me...Kevo, it appears you have a second addition to your sig now...
    Multiple people have said it on the board numerous times. How is this the first you're hearing of it?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Multiple people have said it on the board numerous times. How is this the first you're hearing of it?
    second addition would suggest it has happened more than once, no? And so we are clear, you sound equally as stupid as the multiple people you are alluding to.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    second addition would suggest it has happened more than once, no? And so we are clear, you sound equally as stupid as the multiple people you are alluding to.
    I can't believe that you haven't seen anyone else on the board say that his success is due more to his physical make up than anything else. It was said a bunch of times during the eye poke argument. Also you calling people stupid in regards to an opinion on Jon Jones is like the pot calling the kettle black.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I can't believe that you haven't seen anyone else on the board say that his success is due more to his physical make up than anything else. It was said a bunch of times during the eye poke argument. Also you calling people stupid in regards to an opinion on Jon Jones is like the pot calling the kettle black.
    So because it was "said a lot" it HAS to be true...You know what, Lebron James isnt a good basketball player - hes just a physical monster. Same with Chara, hes not a good hockey player - just a physical monster as well. Come to think of it, if you are physically gifted with size, that trumps your athletic talent 10 out of 10 times and that is THE reason you are successful.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Is it nazi time yet? Lol

    That reach helps him poke ppls eyes out from way outta their range. That's a true fighting champion right there

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I've come to realize he is not all that talented as a fighter but is extremely physically gifted and uses that to his advantage.
    I'd say that using your physical tools to their top potential qualifies as a talent in and of itself.

    I'm not willing to call a fighter as dominant as he has been "Not all that talented." What I will call him is a bad example of what I personally envision a champion to be.

    His career arc would be so much different if he would simply (and even arrogantly) say, "I'm the best there is. I'm prepared. I don't care who you match me up with. I want to test myself." If he would do that and then lay off the intentionally "questionable" tactics like the open hands and oblique kicks etc, he'd have my full and unwavering respect; probably not my support as a fan because I really don't care for his demeanor but for sure my respect.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Is it nazi time yet? Lol
    [insert recycled joke here]

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I'd say that using your physical tools to their top potential qualifies as a talent in and of itself.

    I'm not willing to call a fighter as dominant as he has been "Not all that talented." What I will call him is a bad example of what I personally envision a champion to be.

    His career arc would be so much different if he would simply (and even arrogantly) say, "I'm the best there is. I'm prepared. I don't care who you match me up with. I want to test myself." If he would do that and then lay off the intentionally "questionable" tactics like the open hands and oblique kicks etc, he'd have my full and unwavering respect; probably not my support as a fan because I really don't care for his demeanor but for sure my respect.

    Without open hands alone, I think he doesn't last too long as champ. Those eyepokes do discourage ppl from coming forward as even Glover admitted. But take oblique kicks and open hands away and I think he probably wouldn't be champ.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Without open hands alone, I think he doesn't last too long as champ. Those eyepokes do discourage ppl from coming forward as even Glover admitted. But take oblique kicks and open hands away and I think he probably wouldn't be champ.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •