Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    He's whipping the fans up into a boiling froth. Notice how fans care more about Gus than they ever did. Working the Jones is afraid of Gus angle is pure genius! Dana White is an Artist, maybe a bullshit artist. But he's one of the best in the game! They are selling a narrative, and book will be on sale very soon for about 70 bucks in HD. Welcome to the UFC Carnival folks! Step right up!
    Yeah this has kayfabe written all over it.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I know I'm just restating what others have already said...
    But I too am a bit baffled.

On the one hand, I can't say Jones is a "coward"... because WANTING to fight Cormier is NOT cowardly!
    DC is legit and that is a TOUGH fight for Bones.

On the other hand though, why wouldn't he give Goose the rematch?
    I mean... Bones MUST feel that it's a blemish on his "legacy"... surely he'd want to silence the critics and prove DEFINITIVELY that he's the champ.

Right?!?

(Scratching my head!)
    The whole thing just seems strange and I am unsure what the endgame is...
    Bigger payday?
    More hype/interest?

Very strange. Looking forward to hearing how this plays out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    I know I'm just restating what others have already said...
    But I too am a bit baffled.

On the one hand, I can't say Jones is a "coward"... because WANTING to fight Cormier is NOT cowardly!
    DC is legit and that is a TOUGH fight for Bones.

On the other hand though, why wouldn't he give Goose the rematch?
    I mean... Bones MUST feel that it's a blemish on his "legacy"... surely he'd want to silence the critics and prove DEFINITIVELY that he's the champ.

Right?!?

(Scratching my head!)
    The whole thing just seems strange and I am unsure what the endgame is...
    Bigger payday?
    More hype/interest?

Very strange. Looking forward to hearing how this plays out!
    I find it hard to believe to be honest. Dana is a giant baby and can very well just be saying this because he is mad that Jones hasn't signed yet.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Either he fights or he's not champ look at cruz atleast he was injured. But I have a weird feeling this is all publicity make jones the heel create a interim title to boost the already high stakes of the rematch or if dc wins boost his stock going into the fight with jones so the ppv sales are higher.

It is a sad day for the sport when Pro wrestling antics are needed to put butts in the seats, and to create controversy to sale buys. These guys and gals are the best in the world at what they do and you should want to watch them for their pure talent. If you need a soap opera to be an MMA fan go back to watching the WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Do you believe dana?

I find that too difficult. I feel jones is probably the most likely to go full-diva, but I'd need to hear it from jones himself or from Lorenzo.

rh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    While I do agree that Dana is not the most reliable source...and by not the most reliable, I mean not reliable...when it's coupled by Alexander saying Jones isn't signing the contract, and DC coming out and saying he's ready to fight Gustafsson if Jones decides to duck...it leads me to believe that there's a big measure of truth. I've no reason to not believe the words of Gustafsson and/or Cormier.

And that's all before factoring Jones's history of turning down fights and picking opponents.

Maybe Jones is just playing games...but I highly doubt that.
    I don't know about this either. I think Dana is just full of shit and just trying to stir up shit in the media to coerce Jon Jones to sign the contract. It's not the first time he has made Jon Jones look bad. With respect to Gus and Cormier's statements, they are largely made on the basis of what Dana has told them. There's no reason they have anymore information themselves, especially Cormier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Jones is seriously the most disgraceful champion we've seen. I mean, what a pitiful excuse for a champion.

There's not an ounce of fighter in him. He's pure athlete. Nothing more. Put him in a baseball jersey and send him off please.
    fighter bashing from an admin? say it aint so.

On topic. Lets all wait in anticipation for the fight to be announced Thursday after this "meeting". Ppl freak the fuck out over anything Jones does - As we see with the post above, as well as the countless Jones threads. Funny how ppl can go from disagreeing with everything Dana says but whenever it slightly favors their opinion on a subject - especially a Jones one, they beleive every word he says.

Question, how many times have we herd Dana say this same shit about other fighters when booking a fight? It helps sell the fucking fight. Notice how Jones doesnt give a fuck? Why? Because all these fairweather fans who will buy the fight because of the hype around will actually believe the nonsense Dana sells them, and at the end of the day that = $$$$ for Jones.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 06-03-2014 at 01:50 AM.

8. Default

So much drama for such an easy solution. they have a meeting scheduled with dana, jones, and lorenzo right? So here is how that goes. Meeting starts, contract is on the table, Jones signs it, or gives up his belt. Champion fights the challenger, or we get a new champion. No room for negotiation.

I mean really, can anyone see Cain pulling this kind of diva bs? what about aldo? Would chuck have done this? Can anyone name a non-anderson champ besides jones who pulls crap like this?

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post

I mean really, can anyone see Cain pulling this kind of diva bs? what about aldo? Would chuck have done this? Can anyone name a non-anderson champ besides jones who pulls crap like this?
    I keep seeing this, and correct me if im wrong- but didnt Aldo bitch forever about re matching Mendes? And one can argue GSP did it with Diaz.

EDIT:
    Jose Aldo doesn't believe Chad Mendes has earned rematch, wants Ricardo Lamas

Jose Aldo defended his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight belt this summer when he finished Chan Sung Jung at UFC 163 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. It marked his fifth UFC title defense and cemented him as one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

MMA Fighting spoke with the featherweight champ to get his thoughts on the current featherweight landscape. Surprisingly, Aldo doesn't exactly seem all that excited about a possible rematch with Chad Mendes. He completely no-sells Mendes' winning streak, saying that he hasn't actually beaten anyone of note.

"Chad Mendes is still starting, haven't fought anyone ranked yet, only fought guys that are not that good. He's coming off good wins, but he hasn't beaten good guys. So I believe the next two should be Ricardo Lamas and Cub Swanson."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/15/47...-wants-ricardo
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 06-03-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Jones isnt ducking anyone, he has fought a whos who at LHW and walked away the winner everytime(Hamill does not count, as he still walked away as Matt was laying on the canvas and the UFC moved along like he won. He is prob just chillin at home eating cereal on top of the bout papers just chuckling. His people are smart, they are taking care of him, making people talk, assume things etc etc

At the end of the day, Jones retains the title against DC or Gus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Thread Information