Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I swear the more posts I read from this character PokesKnows, the more I think it has to be Kimbo>Rampage or a relative of his.

The number 1P4P Pokemon of the world finally manned up (or should I say got put in his place) and signed the contract. After all his bickering and bitching I think the fight gets delayed by him suffering an "injury". He obviously wants no part of that rematch. If he's lacking confidence, he will be giving that title over to Gus. That's if they actually make it to the fight
    You do realize you are the exact polar opposite of Bonesknows when it comes to this subject. Hard to take either of your posts as being objective when it comes to anything related to Jon Jones

Jones: I'm grateful for the hate
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-for-the-hate/
    “Who’s more deserving? I would say Daniel Cormier has better accolades and the better record,” saidJones as transcribed by MMAJunkie. “He’s undefeated, and he’s beaten former world champions before. He was a world champion in the Strikeforce organization, so I would say Cormier. But, I think the fans want to see me fight Alexander more, and I think that’s what’s most important.”

There was an extended back and forth between Jones and the UFC about who he would fight, but it has been settled.

“I think we have a very healthy relationship,” said Jones. “I went to go meet with Dana White and Lorenzo Feritta a few days ago, and we had a three-hour meeting. We just sat and talked about our feelings for each other, and then we got down to business. I think we’re on a real clear playing field right now, with a clean slate, and we’re looking to build from here.”

Jones is trying too to settle relations with the fans.

“All the greatest athletes, they have to deal with this adversity, and I’m embracing it and realizing that if I wasn’t working so hard and wasn’t in this position, no one would care, and no one would be talking,” said Jones. “I find a way to be grateful for the hate and try to show my appreciation for the positivity.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by jon jones, 9 months ago
    "To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," said Jones. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/16...lover-teixeira

Quote Originally Posted by jon jones, 4 months ago, to Cormier
    ...as far as giving you a title shot, I have no interest in fighting you right now, only because of the fact that you really haven't fought anyone that I consider a top-level fighter. I'm kind of sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fight against kind of like 'cans' until they get a title shot. I really want to see a top contender fight a top contender and I think you need to fight someone a little bit more well-known than Patrick Cummins. Fight against Rashad [Evans], fight against somebody legit, man. Then I think it would be a little more appropriate to give you that title shot.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/g...esponds-030314

Suddenly, jones is talking about how spectacular Dan's record is--still, not mentioning the Olympics, or the NCAAs--but suddenly, he's just the greatest opponent in the history of the world.

Jones should open a waffle house.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Jones should open a waffle house.

rh
    Cuz when he fights Cormier, Jones is gonna get covered smothered chunked topped and peppered. Maybe even diced.

I wish I hadn't missed breakfast this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Originally Posted by jon jones, 4 months ago, to Cormier
    ...as far as giving you a title shot, I have no interest in fighting you right now, only because of the fact that you really haven't fought anyone that I consider a top-level fighter. I'm kind of sick of seeing UFC light heavyweights fight against kind of like 'cans' until they get a title shot. I really want to see a top contender fight a top contender and I think you need to fight someone a little bit more well-known than Patrick Cummins. Fight against Rashad [Evans], fight against somebody legit, man. Then I think it would be a little more appropriate to give you that title shot.
    dan henderson would fall under this category, no?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    No. But he was the best LHW available at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I guess that would depend on your definition of legitimate.

Legitimately able to sell a few PPVs? sure, particularly by jones' standards.

But legitimate in terms of an opponent? Really?

Dan was 1 and 3 in his last 4 going into the Cormier bout. In his one win, he was getting utterly outstruck and outgrappled till he landed the hail mary against Shogun--and you should note that Shogun is also a shadow of himself, that neither guy has really recovered from UFC 139.

But don't take my word for it. Jones himself said something to the effect that Henderson was too old and "wasn't ever going to get a title shot, unless it was in a parking lot somewhere..." and said more recently
    I have no wishes to fight Dan Henderson. Dan Henderson is a guy who, you know, he’s done a lot for this sport already, he’s a lot older. I think he’s a guy a lot of people would expect me to beat anyways. So I have no big dreams of fighting Dan Henderson. In his last fight with Rashad Evans you could really see him starting to slow down...So fighting him I don’t think really proves much.
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/13/45...-henderson-mma

oh, and that was while Henderson was still given a TUE; something that bones complained gave him an unfair advantage, called it an enhancement, etc.

So fighting an "old," "slowed-down" post TRT Henderson is somehow a "legitimate" test for Cormier? One that is big enough to change jones' mind about him not being worthy of facing the champ?

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it was.

EDIT: I got sidetracked.
    My point is simple. 4 months ago, Dan Cormier wasn't deserving of a title shot--according to jones. Suddenly, after facing a worn out, post-TRT Henderson, Dan is not only worthy of a title shot, he's more worthy of a title shot than Gustafsson.

If you can somehow justify that, I can't help you.

Very simply, it's fucking stupid bullshit.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 06-17-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No. But he was the highest ranked LHW available at the time.
    Sorry, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

EDIT: I got sidetracked.
    My point is simple. 4 months ago, Dan Cormier wasn't deserving of a title shot--according to jones. Suddenly, after facing a worn out, post-TRT Henderson, Dan is not only worthy of a title shot, he's more worthy of a title shot than Gustafsson.

rh
    Hendo > Manuwma.

im not saying thats the fight i wanted to see - lets be real though Hendo is better than Cummings and Manuwa put together. In a perfect world i would have liked to see Goose fight a top 5 guy before getting the rematch rather than Manuwa and DC to fight a top 5 guy that wasnt hendo but it is what it is.

Thread Information