Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I didnt say Jones shouldnt fight because he needs to spend time with his family - i said its unrealistic to expect a CHAMPION to defend his belt 3 times a year for the reasons given - which was more than just family.
    Yes...but you've still doubled the amount of time that is considered a long camp for a professional fighter.

Even at three fights a year, that still leaves just under two-thirds of the year as downtime.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Yes...but you've still doubled the amount of time that is considered a long camp for a professional fighter.

Even at three fights a year, that still leaves just under two-thirds of the year as downtime.

rh
    Exactly. He said he should get a longer lay off because he needs time to spend time with his family because he does not have time to do so during these phantom 12-14 week camps.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    So because he knew them already means that they are outstanding citizens and he wasn't fucking them?
    well are you fucking all of your friends that are girls?

And you did say that he shouldn't have to fight so he could spend time with his family. I don't see how you can deny that when it is written in plain text.
    Where did i say JONES himself shouldnt have to fight so he could spend time with his family. Where is it written in plain text?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I agree completely. I would actually like to see the belt defended 3 times a year if possible.
    thats a long shot at best. 12 months in a year so you want a guy to go through a 3 month camp fight - take a week off - then jump back into a 3 month camp? Not to mention damage from fight to fight. Thats not realistic imo.

If a guy wins in dominant fashion, why does he need that long? I'm not saying it should be expected, but I would like it to happen sometimes.
    because they have a family, kids, a life outside of fighting. I get being champion comes with having little time for those things - but we cant expect a guy to do this year after year. I saw something say that Robbie Lawler hasnt seen his wife and kids in something like 14 weeks. Thats fucking crazy.
    ^ That is the Plain text you are referring to, correct?

I was referencing the fact that you literally defend every single moronic thing he does regardless of what it is. I wasn't comparing his DUI to murder although it could've very well resulted in it. I also don't even believe Dana, I actually have said more than once in this thread that I think he is making it all up. I'm just baffled at the excuses you make for Jones.
    or is it that i dont flip the fuck out over every little thing Jones says - like the majority of you do?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    Everywhere ive read / herd training camps are 8-12 weeks depending on type of fight (3 round or 5 round). Where is this time frame thats set in stone that says thats a "long camp for a professional fighter"

The only first hand knowledge i have is from some of my local friends who fight professionally and they usually put in 8 week camps.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 06-03-2014 at 04:30 PM.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

This shit is hilarious. Yall gonna make him go all neo nazi again lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    This shit is hilarious. Yall gonna make him go all neo nazi again lol
    You`re not banned still?
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 06-03-2014 at 04:33 PM.

You`re not banned still?
    Why would he be banned for that? He was referring to something you did lol.

Why would he be banned for that? He was referring to something you did lol.
    and i was referring to something that had happened to him. Im still waiting for you to point out this Plain text you were speaking of before.

and i was referring to something that had happened to him. Im still waiting for you to point out this Plain text you were speaking of before.
    In response to being asked why does he need to wait you said "because they have a family, kids, a life outside of fighting. I get being champion comes with having little time for those things - but we cant expect a guy to do this year after year. I saw something say that Robbie Lawler hasnt seen his wife and kids in something like 14 weeks. Thats fucking crazy. "

Well this makes me feel like a dick for bashing Dana and defending Jones...

http://i.instagram.com/p/oy3bH8rHG2/#

Jones admitted it.

In response to being asked why does he need to wait you said "because they have a family, kids, a life outside of fighting. I get being champion comes with having little time for those things - but we cant expect a guy to do this year after year. I saw something say that Robbie Lawler hasnt seen his wife and kids in something like 14 weeks. Thats fucking crazy. "
    Lets try this again. This is the FULL conversation between me and Donasour....

I agree completely. I would actually like to see the belt defended 3 times a year if possible.
    thats a long shot at best. 12 months in a year so you want a guy to go through a 3 month camp fight - take a week off - then jump back into a 3 month camp? Not to mention damage from fight to fight. Thats not realistic imo.

If a guy wins in dominant fashion, why does he need that long? I'm not saying it should be expected, but I would like it to happen sometimes.
    because they have a family, kids, a life outside of fighting. I get being champion comes with having little time for those things - but we cant expect a guy to do this year after year. I saw something say that Robbie Lawler hasnt seen his wife and kids in something like 14 weeks. Thats fucking crazy.
    Donosaur says he would like to see the belt (UFC BELTS i.e BW, FW, LW, WW, MM, LHW, HW etc.) defended 3 times a year. I said it was unrealistic. He said "If a guy wins in dominant fashion, why does he need that long?" Which i responded with the red above. At no point was Jones names said during this, actually Robbie Lawler is the only name i said the entire time... I dont get how this is so hard for you to grasp?

EDIT:

LOL that instagram video made me laugh. Hes got you guys Hook. Line. and Sinker.

Thread Information