Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Jones refusing to fight Goose, wants DC instead

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Lets try this again. This is the FULL conversation between me and Donasour....

Donosaur says he would like to see the belt (UFC BELTS i.e BW, FW, LW, WW, MM, LHW, HW etc.) defended 3 times a year. I said it was unrealistic. He said "If a guy wins in dominant fashion, why does he need that long?" Which i responded with the red above. At no point was Jones names said during this, actually Robbie Lawler is the only name i said the entire time... I dont get how this is so hard for you to grasp?

EDIT:

LOL that instagram video made me laugh. Hes got you guys Hook. Line. and Sinker.
    I like how you completely ignored the video.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I like how you completely ignored the video.
    sigh...read the last sentence of my post.

sigh...read the last sentence of my post.
    my bad. but now you and I both look stupid for saying Dana was being a bullshit artist.

my bad. but now you and I both look stupid for saying Dana was being a bullshit artist.
    Or is Jones just trolling you? I still stand by what i said yesterday, Goose and Jones will be booked sometime after Thursday (as in the weekend) if not right away thursday.

Or is Jones just trolling you? I still stand by what i said yesterday, Goose and Jones will be booked sometime after Thursday (as in the weekend) if not right away thursday.
    Like my new sig?

Like my new sig?
    Its better than Rampage pretending he got poked in the eye when jones hand didnt even touch him. Cant pull a fast one over the best ref in mma Josh Roesenthal.

#FreeJoshRoesenthal
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 06-03-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Its better than Rampage pretending he got poked in the eye when jones hand didnt even touch him. Cant pull a fast one over the best ref in mma Josh Roesenthal.

#FreeJoshRoesenthal
    The Life of Josh Rosenthal

Jon Jones On Ducking Gustafsson: ‘It’s My Career, Not Yours’

Jones has since deleted the video from Instagram — why, I don’t know. If you’re going to be “honest” or your playing the “heel” or whatever, go with it. You put it out there, stick with it. But he does have a point, right? It is his career. It’s just not what we’re used to seeing from UFC champions. Whatever happened to “taking on all-comers” and “it’s up to the UFC to decide who they want me to fight next”? Is this a good thing, that champions are able to negotiate and decide who they want to fight next? I think it is. It puts the power back in the fighter’s hands so they aren’t dictated by the corporate machine. This I like. Who wouldn’t want to see Jones vs. Gustafsson 2? And hopefully it will happen at some point, but Cormier vs. Jones is also an intriguing match-up and Cormier has been clamoring for this fight for some time.

Cormier has also said that he’d be willing to fight Gustafsson next if Jones won’t do it, and fight fans like that. They like a guy who will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime.

What say you? Is Jones ducking Gustafsson, or just making the right move for his career?

Okay, so because he finished Mendes (in controversial fashion) He can say that Chad who was on a 5 fight win streak over a 2 year period since his fight with Aldo isnt worthy of a title shot because he didnt beat anyone in the top 10...boy that sounds a little familiar...didnt Jones take a bunch of heat for saying that same thing about DC?

Aldos words:

And the GSP argument was him choosing Diaz, over Hendricks who everyone said was the real #1 contender.
    I think what you are overlooking is; the article you are posting to defend your criticisms of Aldo is from mid last year. So no, Mendes was not yet on the five fight win streak when Aldo mentioned in in the article you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

It wasn't like DC hadn't beaten a top 10 fighter. He was the #2 ranked HW, and had beaten several. That would be more equivalent to Aldo facing Florian and then Edgar; fighters who were very successful at a higher weight, and then dropped down to make a run at the title in a lighter class.

I also think it's hilarious that you can somehow utterly dismiss jones' eyepokes/assorted fouls but can still call the Mendes finish controversial. The reflexive fence grab happens far more often than eyepokes, but whatever.

rh
    I am starting to think logic has no place in a conversation with a Jones nut hugger.

well are you fucking all of your friends that are girls?

Yup.

What? You are not? Or at least not trying too?

So much to learn young grasshopper.

#FreeJoshRoesenthal
    Serious.. you think Rampage faked the eye pokes?

I guess I was right, Jon's nuts must be pushing on your temporal lobe causing your brain to forget visual memories. I kid, but for real ... A question for Bones - Whether or not you believe this is what is going on - so if you were to take the Jones video at face value... Does DC deserve a title shot? IF Jones is avoiding Goose, do you think it is justified and if so, who should his next opponent be?

What a class act. I sure hope Jones is trolling and going full heel cuz if not, I dont even know what to say about the guy. Can you come off as anymore unlikable?

A few months ago, according to Jones, DC didnt even deserve a sniff at the belt. But now that DC's knee is jacked up, all of a sudden Jones feels he is worth of a fight...

Finally, how about the fact Jon keeps making these posts which show his real personality and then consistently feels the need to delete them. Man up, if you have the balls to post it - stand behind it and not delete it minutes later.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-03-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

10. 06-03-2014, 07:37 PM

Man Im sorry but I totally agree with Jones. He cant be ducking someone when he is asking for the harder opponent. DC has proven his worth at LHW after destroying one time #1 contender and legend Hendo. So if people are upset at Jones for that, he can never win you over and he knows this, hence his constant trolling.

Lastly, I respect Goose and believe he will get a title shot again. But can someone, anyone point to a time where a #1 contender lost a title fight, fought a guy OUTSIDE the top 10 ranking of that division and then was warranted another title shot again right away? That would be great....
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Thread Information