+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager: Silva return likely early 2015, potentially vs. Nick Diaz

Hybrid View

Default Manager: Silva return likely early 2015, potentially vs. Nick Diaz

Manager: Silva return likely early 2015, potentially vs. Nick Diaz
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-vs-Nick-Diaz/
    Anderson Silva's manager, Ed Soares appeared on Monday's The MMA Hour, and discussed the return of The Spider from the devastating leg injury he suffered vs. Chris Weidman in their rematch.

"He's definitely coming back," said Soares, as transcribed by Shaun Al-Shatti for MMAFighting. "He's feeling good, he's training hard. Everything is good, man. Hopefully we'll see him back. We won't see him back any earlier than the end of this year or, most likely, the beginning of next year.

"There's always a chance (he comes back this year), but as of right now I think his mind is set on fighting at the beginning of next year."

"There's Michael Bisping, there's Cung Le. Even Nick Diaz. Nick Diaz has said he's wanted to fight him before. Nick Diaz wanted to box Roy Jones Jr. You could argue that Nick Diaz and Anderson probably have some of the best boxing in MMA, so we'll see what happens. Like we all know, so many things can change, the landscape of the sport can change so much in such a short amount of time.

"There's not a shortage of talent that the UFC has, so I'm sure the UFC is going to come up with a good plan on who the next opponent should be, and I'm sure it will be a good fight."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Diaz, Bisping, or Cung Le.

How about someone with lower relevance or making their debut?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post

Interesting. can I ask why your thinking some with lower relevance or making their debut? is it just to see how the leg holds up?

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword View Post
    Interesting. can I ask why your thinking some with lower relevance or making their debut? is it just to see how the leg holds up?
    He used this thing called Sarcasm.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post

I think that is a good group of possible opponents for Silva to be honest. They are mid level guys but have pretty big names and are a good step down for Silva to see how he is consider he's pretty old, he is coming of a terrible injury and was dominated in his last two fights.

Nick Diaz: I'll fight Anderson Silva for the right price
    According to Diaz, a fight with the former UFC middleweight champion is just the sort of thing that could get him to end his extended break from the sport.

MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight that Diaz would return and face Silva next year if the money was right.

According to Helwani, Diaz said that a bout against Silva is a fight he's wanted for a long time, and that he considered such a matchup as potentially one of the biggest fights in MMA history.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

7. Default

I think that would be a great come back fight for both Both fighters what a big pay day and any of those would make good PPV #s
    This is one fight where the UFC has full range to pick and choose a fight for big $$ not title fights as they should be earned not given by how big of a draw it can be.

Anderson v Diaz is nothing short of entertaining and I endorse this idea, officially.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Silva/Bisping @Wembley Stadium. Book it, done. You're welcome Joe Silva
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I was just talking to a huge Anderson fan about Silva's return. This guy thinks he's going to make another run at the title and beat Weidman in a third fight. Conversely, the same guy has "absolutely zero interest" in the third Penn/Edgar fight, but would probably light himself on fire for the opportunity to watch Weidman beat up his idol again.

MMA fans are weird.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information