+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vitor Belfort's surprise drug test results to be made public at June 17 hearing

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Actually, no.

The UFC doesn't suspend anyone, they let the AC's do it,
    The UFC has suspended fighters in the past when there is no AC that does the testing.

As pointed out Leben was one of them, I believe Bigfoot was suspended by them, I think Riddle as well for his marijuana use as well

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Actually, no.

The UFC doesn't suspend anyone, they let the AC's do it, and since Vitor wasn't licensed, he couldn't be suspended. There was literally nothing the NSAC could do in this case.
    When the UFC is in a Country or State with no athletic commission, or no governing/testing body, they do their own testing. There have been a couple fighters who were suspended by the UFC, from their own testing. That's how Big Foot got suspended. There was no governing body to do the official testing in Australia, so the UFC hired a 3rd party company to do the tests. And the UFC suspended him.

So what I'm saying is, that the UFC should have suspended Vitor, if he did in fact test positive. At the very least for PR reasons, when there was a chance the results would eventually come out anyways. Now it looks like they did absolutely nothing about one of their fighters testing positive for a high testosterone/epitestosterone ratio, after tooting their own horn for so long about wanting to clean up the sport (again, assuming he did test high).

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The UFC has suspended fighters in the past when there is no AC that does the testing.
    As pointed out Leben was one of them, I believe Bigfoot was suspended by them, I think Riddle as well for his marijuana use.
    They also suspended Rothwell even though the AC in that case did not choose to do so

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-suspend...lowing-ufc-164

...those are all cases where there is no governing body in place, and the fighters were under contract for the test. Vitor's test was voluntary, he wasn't contracted to take it. I can't imagine zuffa would have the ability to make anything stick there without opening giant liability holes.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Unless you read the entire sentence
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

anyone listen to the Joe Rogan experience the other day. He talked about Vitor and TRT on it and said this:

"They did it to Vitor…random drug test. And Vitor was on testosterone. That's the reason that testosterone got banned in the first place. The whole thing went down when Vitor tested positive with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, after that. Before that, they were considering him for a testosterone exemption….And because he tested positive they scrapped the whole testosterone program.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    anyone listen to the Joe Rogan experience the other day. He talked about Vitor and TRT on it and said this:
    Rogan probably knew that NSAC would reveal the test results. I can't imagine he'd contradict the official UFC position that the test was "irrelevant" without having more information.

I think Riv is onto something. I anticipate that Vitor/Zuffa's position will be that random testing does not account for transient spikes in testosterone levels that may accompany a weekly injection.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Vitor get licensed. My concern is that Chael's going to have one hell of a time cutting down to MW on short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I mentioned it in the thread where Dana said no one knew what the fuck they were talking about with TRT. It'll be interesting to see if that is the result of Vitor's test.

Wonder if whole paragraphs are going to be blacked out lol

Vitor had the testosterone of a 1000 lions.

It's fun to watch him kill weaker men.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information