Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dana White too successful of a gambler for the Palms, ordered to cut back his play

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    You take that back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Gambling isn't a problem if you're winning.
    Gambling isn't really a problem is your are losing either. As long as you don't lose more than you can afford, it's paid entertainment.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Gambling isn't really a problem is your are losing either. As long as you don't lose more than you can afford, it's paid entertainment.
    Enough people say that to make me know I am in the minority, but I've never had a good time gambling unless I'm winning a decent amount of money. Breaking even feels like a waste of time to me.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I'm not one to complain about fighter pay for the most part. But if Dana is tipping that much to service staff maybe he should rethink what the prelim guys are making
    Dana does not pay the fighters out of his pockets. Nor does he force anyone to sign a contract

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    Dana does not pay the fighters out of his pockets. Nor does he force anyone to sign a contract
    Nor am I am implying he does... As I mentioned in my first post I'm not a big advocate of fighters needing to be paid more.

That said if Dana has the kind of pocket money to be throwing 10k tips at service staff then there is one hell of a surplus of cash coming his way. Seen as Dana's money comes from the Zuffa that to me is a sign there is a lot more money in the budget and maybe they should prioritize some of that money going towards fighters instead of Dana's extravagant spending elsewhere.

I don't think Dana is particularly smart. I think he is loud, and has connections, end of story.
    Exactly!

No matter how people want to believe that Dana is a genius that made MMA (relatively) popular, fact is that without the Ferttitas he would now be an absolute unknown person, probably working at some starbucks or McDonalds.

It is not that he was so smart, that he had brilliant ideas and is a self made billionaire.
    He did not even finished college! lol

He had 2 friends, that had very rich parents. Those 2 friends bought for him the UFC. Then, when the UFC was about to dissappear, one of the friends had an idea that actually changed the whole situation (And Dana was against that idea).
    Even in that situation, UFC was not the best or most popular organization. It was PRIDE, but after the Japanese promotion had problems, Zuffa bought it and killed it.
    They did the same with all promotions that were becoming a threat, that included Affliction, Strikeforce, WEC. And one day they will do the same thing with Bellator.

Please let's not compare him or even imagine him being in a room with true intellectuals.
    Just listen to an interview by Dana White, what the hell will he talk about with some Nobel prize winner??

He can not say anything else beyond "fucking".
    His intellectual level may be enough to talk with some 15 year old skater, but definitely not to talk with some intellectual person.
    Probably he has never read a book in his life.

If it wasn't for anyone hiring anyone or anyone taking a chance/risk, where would we be?
    Difference is that we got a job because we made an audition/interview alongside other dozens of candidates, who by the way were also well prepared. But we were even better prepared than them, so that is why we got the job.

No one did us a favour. If today we have a solid job, is the result of many years of studying hard.

Dana White got his job because he was just lucky to have 2 friends that had millionaire parents, and they simply put him there.
    Last edited by Pasha K; 06-09-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

7. Default

Bill Gates
    Mark Zuckerberg
    Lawrence Ellison
    Michael Dell
    Marc Rich
    Ty Warner
    Gautam Adani
    Micky Jagtiani
    Shahid Balwa
    Subhash Chandra
    Vinod Goenka
    PNC Menon
    Roman Abramovich
    Sheldon Adelson
    Amancio Ortega
    Donald Newhouse
    François Pinault
    Jack Taylor
    David Geffen
    Ted Turner
    Henry Fok
    Ralph Lauren
    Mohammed Al Amoudi
    Stanley Ho
    Gabe Newell
    Dustin Moskovitz
    Richard Li
    Sheldon Solow
    Stef Wertheimer
    Hiroshi Yamauchi
    Evan Williams

Exactly!

No matter how people want to believe that Dana is a genius that made MMA (relatively) popular, fact is that without the Ferttitas he would now be an absolute unknown person, probably working at some starbucks or McDonalds.

It is not that he was so smart, that he had brilliant ideas and is a self made billionaire.
    He did not even finished college! lol

He had 2 friends, that had very rich parents. Those 2 friends bought for him the UFC. Then, when the UFC was about to dissappear, one of the friends had an idea that actually changed the whole situation (And Dana was against that idea).
    Even in that situation, UFC was not the best or most popular organization. It was PRIDE, but after the Japanese promotion had problems, Zuffa bought it and killed it.
    They did the same with all promotions that were becoming a threat, that included Affliction, Strikeforce, WEC. And one day they will do the same thing with Bellator.

Please let's not compare him or even imagine him being in a room with true intellectuals.
    Just listen to an interview by Dana White, what the hell will he talk about with some Nobel prize winner??

He can not say anything else beyond "fucking".
    His intellectual level may be enough to talk with some 15 year old skater, but definitely not to talk with some intellectual person.
    Probably he has never read a book in his life.

If it wasn't for anyone hiring anyone or anyone taking a chance/risk, where would we be?
    Difference is that we got a job because we made an audition/interview alongside other dozens of candidates, who by the way were also well prepared. But we were even better prepared than them, so that is why we got the job.

No one did us a favour. If today we have a solid job, is the result of many years of studying hard.

Dana White got his job because he was just lucky to have 2 friends that had millionaire parents, and they simply put him there.
    Pashak.....I just give up with you.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Thread Information