Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldo vows to get payback on Urijah Faber's Team Alpha Male for lack of respect to Ren

Default Aldo vows to get payback on Urijah Faber's Team Alpha Male for lack of respect to Ren

Aldo vows to get payback on Urijah Faber's Team Alpha Male for lack of respect to Renan Barao
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/3/577...disrespect-mma
    Junior spoke to the Brazilian radio show No Mundo Do Luta (via MMA Fighting) and gave his thoughts on the championship fight.

His words:

"Renan was well prepared, and of course that (Dillashaw) was also well trained, but Dillashaw surprised him. Barao could have been better physically, mentally, everything, but he didn't expect the way Dillashaw fought. Let's say Barao was more relaxed than the other fight, he thought he would get in there as the champion, throw a punch and get the knockout. He didn't have his feet on the ground, a good head. Two days before the fight, Dana White said Barao was the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet, that he could knock out every fighter, and maybe that made him underestimate Dillashaw, who got there humbly and showed how things work."

A day after Dillashaw's win, the team jokingly posted a list of people who would be in attendance at one of their upcoming seminars. A list that included Barao's name. As you can see here, the photo was deleted and replaced with another which showed the former champ's name crossed out.

That didn't sit too well with Aldo, who was very disappointed with the sign of disrespect the team showed toward his camp, seeing as how Team Nova Uniao has always been respectful toward Faber and Co. Furthermore, Aldo said if anyone should be attending seminars, it's "The California Kid," who has gone 0-3 in title fights against Barao (twice) and Aldo himself (once).

Now, the UFC featherweight kingpin vows to get payback for his camp, and it all begins on Aug. 2, 2014 when he faces Chad Mendes in the main event of UFC 176 in Los Angeles, California.

"By their logic, how many times would we have to sign Urijah Faber in a MMA seminar at Nova Uniao? It was lack of respect. We always defeat them, (Urijah) Faber always lost to us and we never did that. We always respected them. We always tried to help them, like when they came here to the gym. We never disrespected them. But it's cool. Let's be patient, we will meet again. I have a fight coming up with Chad (Mendes), and Barao, God willing, will fight Dillashaw again and we will get the payback."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Wow, so team Alpha Male goes 1-4 aganist Nova and now theyre acting like they're the shit? Classy.

Faber vs Aldo
    Faber vs Barao x2

Help me out, what was the 4th fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Faber vs Aldo
    Faber vs Barao x2

Help me out, what was the 4th fight?
    Aldo vs Mendes, the first fight.

Word up

Chad Mendes fires back at Jose Aldo, promises to 'beat his ass' at UFC 176
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/4/577...at-his-ass-mma
    chad mendes ✔ @chadmendes
    Follow

Hey @josealdojunior I don't know anything about that post but I do know on Aug 2nd I AM going to BEAT YOUR ASS. #paybacksabitch @danawhite
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I really hope Chad beats Aldo's ass, too! I'd love to see every UFC belt resting in the USA!

If you look at just their last few fights it seems like Chad has a great chance but I think Aldo knew he was fighting somewhat lesser competition in those fights compared to Mendes. I think he comes prepared and I just see him outclassing Mendes.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    If you look at just their last few fights it seems like Chad has a great chance but I think Aldo knew he was fighting somewhat lesser competition in those fights compared to Mendes. I think he comes prepared and I just see him outclassing Mendes.
    I think not having to fight in Brazil will make a difference for him as well.

Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Thread Information