+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lombard out, Woodley in vs. Kim in Aug

Default Lombard out, Woodley in vs. Kim in Aug

Lombard out, Woodley in vs. Kim in Aug
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...vs-Kim-in-Aug/
    Hector Lombard suffered a cervical herniated disc pinching one of his nerves, and is out of his fight vs. Dong Hyun Kim on Aug 23 at UFC Fight Night “Bisping vs. Le."

The UFC sent out a bat signal, and Tyron Woodley responded.

UFC president Dana White made the announcement, via his social network.

danawhiteufc
    Just let Dong Hyun Kim officially know that Lombard is out injured and Woodley is in for #ufcmacao #venetiansands #ufcchina #ufc
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Very good bounce back fight and either one of two things will occur, Woodley will hurt Kim or Kim will wear down Woodley. Kim is a grinder so if he can make Woodley miss with his power hooks then he is in for a good night as I believe he may be able to use his Judo to his advantage when Woodley is swinging at him.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

I don't really want to see Woodley lose, but I'd love to see another knockout from Stun Gun.

I was rooting for Lombard in this fight. I'm pretty disappointed that he's out, but now I'll be rooting for Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

ahhh so if woodley loses this fight - will dana just chalk this up to him "choking" in big fights?

If the UFC would have asked me to take this fight and i was Woodley i would have answered "Oh you want me to help you guys out? Idk...i just fought and wouldnt want to choke and have you blast me in the media again. So im good."

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    ahhh so if woodley loses this fight - will dana just chalk this up to him "choking" in big fights?

If the UFC would have asked me to take this fight and i was Woodley i would have answered "Oh you want me to help you guys out? Idk...i just fought and wouldnt want to choke and have you blast me in the media again. So im good."
    And I am sure that would turn out great for you...
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

A clear illustration of the difference between a competitor and a commentor.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    And I am sure that would turn out great for you...
    im sure it wouldnt turn out any worse than any other fighter who has turned down a fight. Im sure the UFC would be knocking at Woodleys door just like they would any other time.

if your boss just said you choke in big fights, and then offer you a big co main event spot against a guy riding a 4 fight win streak - wouldnt you ask some questions too?

Say Woodley loses. Then what? 2 fight losing streak, 3-4 in his last 7, cant perform in "big fights" etc etc. Its a lose lose situation.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 06-24-2014 at 02:34 PM.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

Next mention of you to the media from DW would be "bonesknows doesn't want to fight so we cut him".

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

if your boss just said you choke in big fights, and then offer you a big co main event spot against a guy riding a 4 fight win streak - wouldnt you ask some questions too?
    what you typed initially wasn't "asking questions," it was refusing the fight.

When your boss is hating on you, there are really only two ways to react. You can prolong the suffering by doing different things, but really, it's going to come down to this: You can either figure out what they have a problem with and work your ass off to illustrate that it isn't a problem, or you can get another job.

If Woodley wants to stay in the UFC, he's going to need to prove to dana that he's the kind of guy dana wants to promote. He needs to suck it up and be the "fight anyone, anywhere, any time" type of fighter. There really isn't another option. He could fool himself into thinking "well, I just have to pick my fights and win every single one of them" but that just prolongs the suffering. dana's going to take every opportunity to trash him and the minute he loses--and everybody loses eventually--he's gone.

It's not fair. It's not even close to being fair. But that's the way zuffa is right now.

Like it or not, Woodley got on the shit list by running his mouth...worse, he ran his mouth about stuff that was 100% accurate, and that dana hates being pointed out. So he can be an independent free thinker and battle uphill for every step he takes in the company, or he can take one of the two options I laid out: illustrate to dana that he's willing to play ball, or look to work for another org.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information