Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC FIGHT PASS signs historic content deal with Invicta FC

Default UFC FIGHT PASS signs historic content deal with Invicta FC

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-fight-pass-incivta-deal
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Invicta Fighting Championships are excited to announce that UFCFIGHTPASS.com, the UFC’s digital streaming service, is now the exclusive digital broadcaster of the world’s leading all-female MMA organization.

UFC FIGHT PASS chief content officer Marshall Zelaznik said: “This is a historic multi-year, multi-event deal. When we launched UFC FIGHT PASS last Christmas, we said that we would never rest in bringing the best value to our subscribers. The addition of live and archived Invicta programming is going to be of enormous interest to our existing subscribers and bring in new subscribers, too.”
    Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp said: “This is a great day for my company. Since the start of Invicta, I’ve been committed to providing the biggest and best possible platform for women athletes and, with this distribution deal with UFC FIGHT PASS, Invicta will reach the most passionate MMA fans, wherever they are in the world.”

In addition to every upcoming Invicta event screening live, the entire Invicta archive will be made available anytime, anywhere, on UFC FIGHT PASS.
    Wow. Pretty crazy news. Any guess on how long before the UFC officially buys, and then folds, Invicta FC?

lol that is so stupid. UFC Fight Pass but ti has other active orgs on it.

Im actually really happy about this. Fight pass is almost becoming a "netflix" for MMA. Now if the UFC starts using this as a away to buy Invicta or and other MMA company I will not be happy. fighter need choices when it comes to signing with a company. But How cool would it be to have a "Netflix" for MMA fights. I know a lot of people don't like fight pass but I love it, Mainly archive events. I love re watching old events. I do wish the would stop fight pass fights tho and put them on TV so fighter could make more money.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Don't they have Pride and WEC fights on fight pass?

The UFC and Invicta are partners. This makes sense. Get some exposure for the ladies, so fans will already be familiar with them when they transition over to the UFC. It can help build WMMA in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

The UFC and Invicta are partners. This makes sense. Get some exposure for the ladies, so fans will already be familiar with them when they transition over to the UFC. It can help build WMMA in general.
    yep. The also have Strikeforce and WFA. I love watching the old WEC events. They never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword View Post
    yep. The also have Strikeforce and WFA. I love watching the old WEC events. They never get old.

The smaller cage in the WEC was awesome.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    What? Why?

Why is providing fans access to more mma events and replays 'so stupid'.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword View Post
    Yup... WEC, Pride, Strikeforce, WFA and now Invicta.

Not only does it make sense, it makes fucking sense. Provides the fans access to the fight library's of all the new females entering into the new UFC female weight division, builds up their brand and bring more viewers to fight pass.

I dont think there is any need for the UFC to buy Invicta and I dont think it will happen any time soon. Invicta is happy to be a feeder organization for the UFC, hell didnt they just give up a whole weight class to the UFC and now they have a media deal through them.. What would be the point of UFC spending money to buy the brand when it already compliments their brand while being independent?

Plus, who knows, maybe more Cyborg fight videos available to UFC fans will speed up the Ronda vs Cyborg process.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-06-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

^^^this.I just hope Invicta keeps their straw-weight division after tuf 20 to keep feeding talent. and give up and comers a stage to fight on.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    [/B]

The smaller cage in the WEC was awesome.
    everything about the WEC was awesome.

Cyborg's next title defense, which should be on Fight Pass:

Invicta FC champion Cris Cyborg to defend title against Ediane Gomes
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/6/...t-ediane-gomes
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information