Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort Releases Statement On Drug Test, Says Results Were “Above The Range”

Image courtesy of www.bleacherreport.com.

2. Default

Yeah those levels seem normal.

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

-_-

What's a normal level for those numbers? And how disproporationate are his numbers?

I have literally no idea what those numbers mean without context.

I see "high", and that's all that means anything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    What's a normal level for those numbers? And how disproporationate are his numbers?

I dont know much about it, but I am curious. Does anyone know what his T/E ratio is without anything at all, I mean just what he wakes up at on a daily basis not taking anything or what not?

The reason I ask is because naturally I have 2:1 T/E, I produce double the amount of testosterone as a normal guy. I'm not defending him at all, merely curious if anyone knows or thinks they know what guys like Belfort, Sonnen, and Hendo are at naturally without TRT or any of the other.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post

From bleacherreport:

Belfort's testosterone serum levels returned a number of 1,472 nanograms per deciliter, well outside of the reference interval of 348-1197 ng/dL.

As for the Brazilian bomber's free testosterone results, that returned a number simply listed as greater than 50 picograms per milliliter, over double the maximum allowable reference interval between 8.7-25.1 pg/mL.

Furthermore, the first test was processed by LabCorp's Phoenix, Arizona office, while the second was processed by LapCorp's Burlington, North Carolina office.
    Again, without the context of when he was treated and multiple tests, this is pretty meaningless. But it's indicating he was about double the allowable amount at the top of the ratio, as opposed to chael sonnen who registered more than 14 times the allowable amount; or AO, who registered more than 17x.

this PR would have done him more good if he'd done it all in February, and taken his follow-up tests in a more public format.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I dont know much about it, but I am curious. Does anyone know what his T/E ratio is without anything at all, I mean just what he wakes up at on a daily basis not taking anything or what not?
    The PDF link in the OP links to his last test at the end of May, his levels of free testosterone were 142ng... When he tested hot, his levels were 1472ng, so with use, he gets his levels up 10x what they are normally.

As indicated by the paperwork, it looks like a normal level is 100 - 900.

I'm no expert, in fact I just posted how little I knew, but it looks like Belfort was 1.5x higher than the highest permissable range (which as I understand it, is quite a bit higher than normal, and mostly serves as a margin of error)

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    From bleacherreport:

Again, without the context of when he was treated and multiple tests, this is pretty meaningless. But it's indicating he was about double the allowable amount at the top of the ratio, as opposed to chael sonnen who registered more than 14 times the allowable amount; or AO, who registered more than 17x.

this PR would have done him more good if he'd done it all in February, and taken his follow-up tests in a more public format.

rh
    Might still bite him when applying for his licence; when considered with his past.

It certainly could, although his "past" was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less conclusive then current sentiment would have one believe. He better hope that the average jack on his hearing board is better informed than your average wad on the interweb.

Again, I don't think it's going to matter. Fight cards mean money, AC's like money. If they can make it look like they made him dance to their tune, they'll have plausible deniability when and if he tests hot again. And by that time, checks will be cashed and bills will be paid.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Even stranger, is that each place he tested had different acceptable levels.

Test #1: Acceptable range: 300-890 Result: 855.82 Pass
    Test #2: Acceptable range: 348-1197 Result: 1472 Fail
    Test #3: Acceptable range: 300-890 Result: 681.28 Pass
    Test #4: Acceptable range: 300-890 Result: 201.45 Pass/Low
    Test #5: Acceptable range: 3,17-19,04 (???) Result: 2,91 Pass/Low?
    Test #6: Acceptable range: who knows Result: 165 Pass/Low
    Test #7: Acceptable range: 348-1197 Result: 142 Pass/Low

I surely hope that the testing facility from test #5 doesn't mean 317-1,904 is an acceptable range. if it does, then he should have just gone there for his tests.

This is still quite insufficient information. First, I would have liked to know how the fluctuations of testosterone levels look with the use of TRT in the correct manner. This would allow us to know how often and how high the testosterone levels go above the reference range. Second, testosterone levels that are greater than 50% of the higher range is usually associated with abuse or steroid use. Currently it's 23% above. Third, I believe different labs have different ranges and I know that some labs even have the upper limit of the reference testosterone levels at 1500 ng/dL. Fourth, the free testosterone of >50 doesn't provide the exact numbers, so I really wonder how much higher he was above the upper limit, 2x? or 10x? 50x?

Thread Information