Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Vitor Belfort Releases Statement On Drug Test, Says Results Were “Above The Range”

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Has anyone had more get out of jail free cards with hardcore fans than Vitor? Besides BJ Penn.
    He gets crucified by casual and hardcore fans. People comments on the uncertainty of reports is not a get out of jail free card, nor does it means that they are Vitor fans. For example, I have cheered against him in his last 3 fights (against Bisping, Rockhold and Hendo) and personally thought he was abusing TRT. However, these kind of reports without interpretation is really not helping the situation regardless of what side you are on. We just really need more information. It seems like with Vitor, it has always been a case where it's not clear cut what's happening. With others who have abused testosterone and/or steroids, it's been a much clearer picture, with respect to the story and the levels.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    What I don;t get and granted I'm not expert but why are the levels going above the normal range. If your testosterone is low then sure it needs to be brought back up to normal levels. One would think that proper treatment would be to bring the levels back up to normal and keep them in that range not spike really high one day and really low a few days later.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    4,689

    Default

    Someone just needs to go Wiggum on Belfort, and we'll get our answers...



    Nm... never works.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Has anyone had more get out of jail free cards with hardcore fans than Vitor? Besides BJ Penn.
    Get out of jail free cards vary person to person, but I'd say sonnen gets more than Vitor.

    The guy tested more hotly than Vitor, lied under oath to an official AC inquiry, got to use TRT regardless; plagiarizes half of his unfunny PR, and there are still fans who are into his bullshit because he's willing to take unearned title shots at a moments notice.

    Meanwhile, Vitor has a certified doctor testify under oath that he treated him for an injury thinking he wouldn't be fighting, and fans are convinced he's been a juicer for years. He's willing to fight at anyone at any weight, but sonnen gets more credit for being a gamer. Vitor mentions his faith--after turning to that faith with the horrific loss of his sister--but rehashes of Superstar Billy Graham are more palatable to the average new jack.

    Vitor deserves scrutiny, but he's certainly not alone in that.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.


  5. #26

    Default

    Just saw vitor was more than double the legal limit. Can't post a link from my phone. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

  6. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,533

    Default

    Haven't we seen reem and chael above 5x the limit or am I high?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  7. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Get out of jail free cards vary person to person, but I'd say sonnen gets more than Vitor.

    The guy tested more hotly than Vitor, lied under oath to an official AC inquiry, got to use TRT regardless; plagiarizes half of his unfunny PR, and there are still fans who are into his bullshit because he's willing to take unearned title shots at a moments notice.

    Meanwhile, Vitor has a certified doctor testify under oath that he treated him for an injury thinking he wouldn't be fighting, and fans are convinced he's been a juicer for years. He's willing to fight at anyone at any weight, but sonnen gets more credit for being a gamer. Vitor mentions his faith--after turning to that faith with the horrific loss of his sister--but rehashes of Superstar Billy Graham are more palatable to the average new jack.

    Vitor deserves scrutiny, but he's certainly not alone in that.

    rh
    Didn't Vitor also fight overseas while he was under suspension?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  8. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    I remember i got a bunch of infractions for calling this cheater a juice pig. Well, looks like hes a juice pig..
    "Juice pig" really? Lol that's pretty stupid smh.


    OT: I doubt he gets licensed to fight anyway but if he does, poor Chael is gonna take a beating.

  9. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Haven't we seen reem and chael above 5x the limit or am I high?
    As far as I'm aware the allowed limit is a 4:1 testosterone/epitestosterone ratio. Chael hit a 16.9:1 and Overeem hit a 14:1.

    However... Chael actually made a seemingly valid point, when "defending" Overeem's positive test. Obviously taking it with a grain of salt, because it was Chael that stated it. But he claimed that the ratio doesn't necessarily mean that someone has a high testosterone level, but could in fact have a low epitestosterone level. That of course would make the testosterone half of the ratio look through the roof. Jesus, this shit is too complicated, which is probably one of the reasons the commissions banned the shit all together.

    But beyond that, I don't recall seeing any sort of ng/dL levels from either fighter, as there is with Vitor. Just testosterone/epitestosterone ratios.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •