Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort Releases Statement On Drug Test, Says Results Were “Above The Range”

Isn't mentioning Chael's faults, well, mentioning Chael's faults? Which kinda proves that they do get pointed out? I rarely talk about this stuff. I personally have always thought TRT, or whatever is actual legal in regular life, should be allowed in sports. I mean I guess check the levels, and everything, but it's their bodies. They are the ones affecting it, and have to deal with whatever later in life consequences occur. All that being said, the only thing I don't like is that Vitor doesn't fight outside of Brazil, but that isn't his fault. It's another case of the UFC pretending to want honor and integrity, but really Dana White would shit on (insert any legend here)'s face for slightly better PPV numbers. I don't blame any fighter for pushing the limits if the company secretly doesn't care, and the reward is that great.
    USA! USA! USA!

I don't follow the line of reasoning here...since Vitor's case has more questions than sonnen's, it somehow equates to people giving him "a pass?" Simply indicating that there are questions that will never get satisfactory answers somehow equates to a "get out of jail card?"

I don't know anyone who hasn't said it's anything less than probable that Vitor was juicing. But there are questions, and they can't be ignored. My only concern has been with people who assume they know more than than anyone can know, and who ignore the questions because they're too inconvenient to fit in with what they believe happened, or when they state this belief as fact.

The kid who got banned brought that on himself. If he'd made the same statements about sonnen, he would have been warned; if he continued to make them after the warning he would have been banned as well. It's the internet, it means nothing. I'm exceptionally confident his life will go on without a hitch.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    If you think they are one in the same, it just supports my stance.
    Actually, you completely diminished the situation and made it seem like none of those things happened. You stated he simply got popped and then it was over with.

I never once stated or inferred the situations were equal.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Chael had a media circus around him but it wasn't because we all/the media thought he was still juicing and/or abusing TRT. With Vitor it's because there were huge doubts and continue to be huge doubts.
    ...if people aren't concerned that sonnen was still juicing/abusing TRT right up until it's banning, that would be--to my mind, anyway--the very definition of giving him a free pass or your "get out of jail free card."

The guys test came in nearly 10x higher than Vitor's, he got caught lying about it--he's been caught lying in a very legal sense multiple times. And yet there didn't seem to be any concern in the media or among fans that he would continue to abuse treatment as he'd shown he'd done in the past.

Thus, I stand by my original response to your question.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Despite the fact that he comes into fights at 205 densely muscled on short notice which is somehow proof against anyone else.

I'm not giving either a free pass.

Ohhhhhh.......and they are exactly two days apart in age.

Another difference between the Sonnen and Vitor situations is:

Chael was caught abusing TRT while licensed & actively participating in a fight / competing for a world title. Vitor was caught abusing TRT while not licensed and not actively participating in a fight.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Chael and Vitor? Chael didn't go through one of the greatest body transformations I've ever seen.
    Exaggerate much?

If we want to put an asterisk next to each fighter or fight in which a fighter was using a performance enhancer, let's be real here, we're going to have a lot of asterisks. Some guys are better than others at not getting caught, and some are fairly blatant about it. Vitor and Chael are both pretty blatant about it - Vitor in suddenly getting incredibly shredded and vascular, and Chael in gaining massive amounts of weight. I think he said he was up to something like 237 now?

Not sure how we even got here, but it is a fight I am very much looking forward too, even if they both come in juiced up.

Thread Information