Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vitor Belfort Releases Statement On Drug Test, Says Results Were “Above The Range”

By this point, you've got to be trolling, son.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    By this point, you've got to be trolling, son.

rh
    You dont agree that Vitors body transformation has been incrediable?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Vitor wasn't scheduled to fight for the title, in training, and got hit with a random test?

So if you were to list say the top 5 body transformations in the history of MMA, who would they be?
    Yes, Vitor was scheduled to fight and in training.. No one is claiming otherwise.

Sonnen tested hot the night of the fight, did he not?

To abuse TRT in training is one thing, to abuse TRT the night you are competing in a physical combat situation is another.

I am not saying both are not wrong, but I do think one is worse than the other.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    You dont agree that Vitors body transformation has been incrediable?
    I absolutely agree that his transformation has been incredible. I've stated for a long time that it's more probable than not that he's abusing TRT.
    That said, I also absolutely feel that the mass sonnen has gained at 205 has been incredible, and was certainly on par with the dubious weight gain Mir put on.

The difference between the cases is that when Vitor transformed his body, there were literally 100s of articles across MMA media about how doubtful it was. When Mir put on tons of muscle in a 6 month period, there were a few articles, but not nearly as many as with Vitor. And when sonnen unveiled his mass increase, the general response was "dood, he's like, jacked and stuff!" There wasn't anything in the media that indicated he was more likely than not abusing TRT.

Again, this goes back to the erroneous statement that nobody gets more "free passes" than Vitor.

What I have trouble comprehending is how intentionally obtuse someone has to be to feel like volunteering for a test where Vitor came in less than 1.5x over the limit during training is somehow worse than testing more than 14x over the limit in an active title fight.

But to each his own, I guess.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Both Belfort and Sonnen were wrong for failing their tests. Chael tested higher than Vitor, but both ultimately failed.

Chanel was suspended until his license expired in June 2011. The CSAC stated that he was free to apply for a license after the date. Vitor was not licensed before submitting to the test. He was scheduled to face Weidman, as we all know. If he gets licensed to fight Chael in Vegas, it'll be his first fight in the United States in three years. And his first fight in Vegas since Anderson caught him with the front kick.

One is worse than the other in severity, what with the lying and all, but both are wrong.

Edit: Basically a longer version of what Cat said.
    Last edited by CA_Gas Bag; 06-08-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: I said it first! Wait, no I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I absolutely agree that his transformation has been incredible. I've stated for a long time that it's more probable than not that he's abusing TRT.
    That said, I also absolutely feel that the mass sonnen has gained at 205 has been incredible, and was certainly on par with the dubious weight gain Mir put on.

The difference between the cases is that when Vitor transformed his body, there were literally 100s of articles across MMA media about how doubtful it was. When Mir put on tons of muscle in a 6 month period, there were a few articles, but not nearly as many as with Vitor. And when sonnen unveiled his mass increase, the general response was "dood, he's like, jacked and stuff!" There wasn't anything in the media that indicated he was more likely than not abusing TRT.

Again, this goes back to the erroneous statement that nobody gets more "free passes" than Vitor.

What I have trouble comprehending is how intentionally obtuse someone has to be to feel like volunteering for a test where Vitor came in less than 1.5x over the limit during training is somehow worse than testing more than 14x over the limit in an active title fight.

But to each his own, I guess.

rh
    Everybody knows that Somnen is a juicer. The reason people harp on Vitor is because he consistently denied abusing it, claiming it was the power of Jesus. Everybody knows Sonnen is a charleton, but Vitor tried to pretend that he was pure.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Seems even Sonnen knows the difference between 'game day' PED abuse and 'out of fight' PED abuse.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/10...-positive-test
    "What's interesting, in my case, we're out of competition. These are not things that I showed up with on gameday. This is out of competition due to a rule that they changed. So this is kind of an odd spot for me.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information