Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 42: Pre & Post Fight

The thing about Diego is that he tends to throw a lot right at the end of the round. It's unfortunate but it seems that the last thirty seconds of each round seems to matter more than the rest. I could have seen it 29-28 for Pearson but one judge scoring it 30-27 for Sanchez is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Another gift decision for Diego, the Kampmann fight was a robbery and I thought Gomi should have won when they fought as well. He should be 0-6 in his last 6 bouts.

UFC Fight Night 42 post-fight facts: Diego Sanchez goes distance again for UFC record
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/ufc-fig...for-ufc-record
    GENERAL

Henderson, Piotr Hallmann, Scott Jorgensen and Danny Martinez earned $50,000 UFC Fight Night 42 fight-night bonuses.

UFC Fight Night 42 drew an announced attendance of 8,775 for a live gate of $697,901.

Total fight time of the 11-bout card was 2:14:30.

Betting favorites went 8-3 on the card.
    MAIN CARD

Henderson earned the first stoppage victory of his UFC career and his first in MMA competition since April 2010.

Henderson earned a submission victory for the first time since April 24, 2010 – a span of 1,505 days (more than four years) and 11 fights.

Henderson’s submission victory 1:16 of Round 4 marked the fourth fastest finish in the history of UFC extended/championship rounds.

Henderson improved to 4-0 in UFC/WEC competition against Jackson-Winkeljohn-trained fighters.

Khabilov suffered a submission loss for the first time in his 19-fight career.

Diego Sanchez (25-7 MMA, 14-7 UFC) has fought to a decision 15 times in his UFC career, the most of any fighter in company history. “The Nightmare” has earned his past six UFC victories by way of decision.

Sanchez’s 15 minutes of fight time gave him a total of 4:37:57 over his 21-fight UFC career. That’s the fifth most in UFC history behind Georges St-Pierre (5:28:12), B.J. Penn (5:03:51), Tito Ortiz (5:00:53) and Randy Couture (4:41:50). The 32-year-old has spent more time in the octagon than any non-champion in the organization’s existence.

Sanchez’s 14 UFC victories are tied with Michael Bisping and Rashad Evans for the most of any winner of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series.

Ross Pearson (15-7 MMA, 7-4 UFC) suffered his first defeat in four fights since returning to the lightweight division in December 2012.

Pearson had the fight scored in his favor by all 13 media members tracked by MMAdecisions.com.

John Dodson’s (16-6 MMA, 5-1 UFC) four UFC flyweight victories are tied with Joseph Benavidez and John Lineker for the second most in divisional history behind champion Demetrious Johnson (five).

Dodson tied Lineker and Benavidez for the most knockouts in UFC flyweight competition with three. Overall, Dodson has earned four of his five UFC victories by knockout.

Dodson earned his sixth knockdown in flyweight competition, tying Lineker for the most in divisional history.

John Moraga (14-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) suffered the first knockout loss of his 17-fight career.

Moraga fell to 0-2 in head-to-head competition with Dodson.

Moraga vs. Dodson was the first fight in UFC flyweight history to be stopped between rounds.

Rafael dos Anjos (21-7 MMA, 10-5 UFC) became the ninth fighter in UFC history to earn 10 lightweight victories. He joins Gleison Tibau (13), Jim Miller (13), Melvin Guillard (11), Yves Edwards (10), B.J. Penn (10), Nate Diaz (10), Joe Lauzon (10) and Donald Cerrone (10) as fighters to accomplish the feat.

Dos Anjos improved to 6-1 in his past seven UFC appearances.

Jason High (18-5 MMA, 2-3 UFC) has suffered all but one of his professional defeats by knockout or submission.

High suffered a knockout loss for the first time since July 20, 2009 – a span of 1,783 days (nearly five years) and 12 fights.

Piotr Hallmann (15-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has earned both of his UFC victories by submission.

Yves Edwards (42-21-1 MMA, 10-9 UFC) is winless in his past four UFC appearances. Overall, he has just two victories in his past eight fights.

Edwards suffered a submission loss for the first time since March 4, 2006 – a span of 3,017 days (more than eight years) and 24 fights.

Bryan Caraway (19-6 MMA, 4-1 UFC) has earned 17 of his 19 professional victories by submission. That includes all four of his UFC victories.

Caraway’s three submission victories in UFC bantamweight competition are the second most in divisional history behind Urijah Faber (four).

Erik Perez (14-6 MMA, 4-2 UFC) suffered just the second submission loss of his career and his first since May 28, 2010 – a span of 1,471 days (more than four years) and 12 fights.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Daley barely touched Kos and Babalu did the same thing as BJ Penn. what about Rampage blasting Wandy 3 full on times in the face after he was knocked out. Or Dan and almost every fight he's been in?
    I would argue Daley's cheap shot was on a whole other level than Babalu, Penn, Rampage or Hendo.

Late shots or holding a choke a little too long can be justified away through arguing the heat of battle or an adrenaline rush.. Daley's cheap shot on Kos was planned and deliberate due to Daley's intense frustration towards Kos.

Sure, Hendo or Rampages late blows might have caused more damage but it wasnt Daley's intentions to 'barely touch' Kos.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm drawing a blank. Against whom did Penn hold a choke too long?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'm drawing a blank. Against whom did Penn hold a choke too long?
    Jens at the TUF 5 finale.

I'd also point out that Penn's choke of Jens was nothing like Babalus.

It was something that happens in training all the time, a way to let an opponent know not to run his mouth, but it wasn't an attempt to injure. He didn't need to be dragged off by a ref, he held it less than a second, his opponent didn't go unconscious. Pulver himself said it was fine and they mended their long-standing beef.

sakara, your comparisons have been running pretty dreadful: next thing your probably going to type is that a prius is the same thing as a Ferrari, because they both have wheels.

I'd also say I put strikes in a different category than chokes when it comes to cheap shots, and that intent plays a huge role in how I evaluate them.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Can anyone else remember a fishhook being performed in the UFC, or any of the major orgs? I think it's literally the first I've seen.

My cousin used to fish hook me all the time, in wrestling practice. It is, and should be illegal, but it isn't a monsterous act.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information