+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: UFC:FN 42: Henderson vs Khabilov Live Results and Discussion Thread

Man, this is a pretty good fight.

Damn! Nice finish by Bendo. Good to see him get a finish for once.

but...but...Benson never finishes though. He's soooo boring I thought? HAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT HATERS! Classic Bendo choke out. LOL at the ass clowns saying he can only finish in WEC bc it was "easy". WEC lightweight better was better than the UFC's at the time of the merger.

I'm not talking about you guys with the easy comment but I've seen it countless ties on social media.

1st finish in the UFC. That's just a fact.
    Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

Quote Originally Posted by mulefloyd View Post
    1st finish in the UFC. That's just a fact.
    And your point is? The WEC was tougher competition than the UFC in that division and people discredit everything he's done there for the dumbest reasons.

I understand he hasn't finished in the UFC until today but, it is not like he couldn't finish. He did play it safe when he entered the UFC but you cannot deny he took a step down in competition upon joining the UFC his WEC finishes were impressive. Cerrone in particular.

There is.no way the WEC lightweight division was better then there lightweight division
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    And your point is? The WEC was tougher competition than the UFC in that division and people discredit everything he's done there for the dumbest reasons.

I understand he hasn't finished in the UFC until today but, it is not like he couldn't finish. He did play it safe when he entered the UFC but you cannot deny he took a step down in competition upon joining the UFC his WEC finishes were impressive. Cerrone in particular.

I think you could make a logical argument either way. I would say that overall, the better talent was NOT in the ufc at the time.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Worst fucking decision since Bisping v. Deafguy. These refs should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Muss View Post
    There is.no way the WEC lightweight division was better then there lightweight division
    Explain how. The WEC guys came in and tore shit up You cannot deny that itwas a huge step down in competition for Bendo. He went from fighting Anthony Pettis in his last WEC fight to Mark fucking Bocheck in the UFC. The only person to beat Ben in the UFC is another guy from the WEC. There hasn't been a non-wec bred lightweight champion in years.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Explain how. The WEC guys came in and tore shit up You cannot deny that itwas a huge step down in competition for Bendo. He went from fighting Anthony Pettis in his last WEC fight to Mark fucking Bocheck in the UFC. The only person to beat Ben in the UFC is another guy from the WEC. There hasn't been a non-wec bred lightweight champion in years.
    The top guys in the WEC, Pettis, Bendo and Cerrone are very good. Pettis and Bendo are both top 3. Cerrone is a top ten fighter. There was a big drop off in talent after those three fighters.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information