Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: UFC:FN 42: Henderson vs Khabilov Live Results and Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    But Diego didn't land anything clean. If you look at effective striking, I'm pretty sure that you have to actually hit the guy to fall into that category.
    I'm just saying that I understand the decision; by no means do I agree with it though.

I hoestly would not be surprised to find out that there was some illegal activity going on between Diego and the hometown judges. I twas THAT BAD. Would not be surprised at all I'm furious at that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    I'm just saying that I understand the decision; by no means do I agree with it though.
    Thing is, I cannot even understand that decision. Only thing that makes sense is that the judges are placed in an area where they cannot see shit and can't make out if anything lands.. thus letting some cheers, when Deigo threw a few spinning kicks a foot above Ross's head, sway their decision.

Thing is, I cannot even understand that decision. Only thing that makes sense is that the judges are placed in an area where they cannot see shit and can't make out if anything lands.. thus letting some cheers, when Deigo threw a few spinning kicks a foot above Ross's head, sway their decision.
    I think I will become an MMA fighter. I will only train to not get finished and just yell and scream and throw wild punches that don't land so that I can win every fight.

I had nice money down on a Diego upset win and leaned over to my girlfriend after the fifteen and said, "Unless Pearson gets completely and utterly jobbed here, by two judges, I don't think I'm winning my parlay tonight, I can't justify giving any round to Diego....".

I mean, maybe, majorly minutely, but just MAYBE you score MAYBE the first or third as 10-10 in some bizarro world where body shots don't matter, but I had Pearson fighting the smart, clean fight he needed and had him 30-37 pretty clearly.

That was horrendous.

I didn't see either fighter really willing to engage. Ross was content to counter most of the time. Each round was fairly uneventful, til Diego tried to gain some last minute points.

I had Ross winning, but wasn't scratching my head when they announced Diego as the winner.

I was just thinking the whole time that I hope those last 10 second pushes each round don't persuade the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    I didn't see either fighter really willing to engage. Ross was content to counter most of the time. Each round was fairly uneventful, til Diego tried to gain some last minute points.

I had Ross winning, but wasn't scratching my head when they announced Diego as the winner.
    Well then you might be one of the few lol.

Well then you might be one of the few lol.
    Not afraid to go against the grain.

I feel ashamed to say this... but I haven't watched a single full fight tonight. I've pretty much just glanced over at my TV to check on who wins the fight, and nothing more. I've pretty much muted my TV and been watching youtube videos (not even good ones) for the past 3 hours. From the parts of the fights that I have seen, they weren't even close to as bad as some horrendous cards that I've watched in full. Kind of a bummer when there are so many events that you start only vaguely caring about the outcome of the main event, and nothing else.

Thread Information