+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cormier suffered knee injury prior to UFC 173, may need surgery following Dan Henders

Default Cormier suffered knee injury prior to UFC 173, may need surgery following Dan Henders

Cormier suffered knee injury prior to UFC 173, may need surgery following Dan Henderson fight
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/29/57...-henderson-mma
    the undefeated Olympian injured his lateral collateral ligament (LCL) to the point where he nearly withdrew from his fight last weekend, a lopsided unanimous decision win over Dan Henderson at the UFC 173 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Las Vegas, Nevada (watch it).

UFC Tonight shared the update on Wednesday.

Cormier (15-0) is expected to see his doctor next week and could have his knee scoped and depending on what kind of damage he took to his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), could have a procedure done to correct that issue, as well.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't think he'll face the winner of Goose/Bones until the Super Bowl card, makes sense for him to rest up and heal some nagging injuries in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Didn't cormier choke dan out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    Didn't cormier choke dan out?
    Good catch; I completely missed that in the article. And, yes, he got him in a rear naked choke. In the 3rd, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Daniel Cormier's MRI shows significant ligament damage; undecided on surgery
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/11...e-undecided-on
    MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight that Cormier recently got an MRI done on the injured knee, and he recently got the results: There's a significant tear in his LCL and his anterior cruciate ligament is 50 percent missing.
    He has yet to decide whether to follow through with the surgery or to keep competing with the knee as it is.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information