Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ross Pearson Seeks Justice After Worst Call of All Time, Officially Appeals Decision

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    What would happen if Diego Sanchez fought Leonard Garcia?
    Legacy FC would enjoy a nice gate and make a little money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    What would happen if Diego Sanchez fought Leonard Garcia?
    Unanimous draw regardless of what happens.

In situations like this, my mind always goes to the possibility of corruption by judges in order to reduce the amount gambling rackets lose.

4. Default

Money makes a lot of things happen, and it explains it better than any commission will do.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    If you take away the Gomi, Kampmann, and Pearson BS decisions Sanchez would be on a 6 fight losing streak and would have lost 8 of his last 9. And as a bonus, he missed weight by 8 pounds against Gomi.
    I'd go back and add that I felt the Nick Diaz fight was a draw, and he outright lost to John Alessio back in the day.
    His record is stunningly inaccurately portrayed.

I'll say it: Diego Sanchez is not a UFC caliber fighter anymore.
    What's he getting paid? didn't they cut both Fitch and Jake somewhere around 50k/50k?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

What's he getting paid? didn't they cut both Fitch and Jake somewhere around 50k/50k?

rh

He made 60k at UFC 171.. Shields made 75k on the same night. Fitche was making 70k show money when he was cut.

Diego gets some charity from Dana because of being on the TUF season one though I'm sure and doesn't get cut anytime soon... besides that Dana loves the guys that want to play rock em sock em robots in real life like Diego does.

There's no doubt Diego puts on a heck of a show typically, although against Pearson, he did fight a little smarter. The guy has one of the best chins in MMA! Nonetheless, he shouldn't be in the UFC any longer - the novelty of him is over.

Fighter alleges corrupt drug testing at UFC Fight Night 42
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ight-Night-42/
    Dean Amasinger, manager of Ross Pearson, spoke with MMAJunkie today about filing an appeal for Ross Pearson's decision loss to Diego Sanchez, but more importantly expressed a concern over the drug testing of the athletes who competed at the UFC Fight Night 42.

It is generally not economically feasible for athletic commissions to test all athletes competing at event, so instead fighters are selected at random. However, Amasinger believes there was nothing random of the the drug test for this event:

“Ross was drug tested before the fight, which is perfectly normal,” he told MMAjunkie. “That’s absolutely fine, and all this stuff is supposed to be random. But when Ross came back from the drug test, he said to me, ‘I’ve seen the list; none of the Jackson guys are on the drug test list, or the New Mexican guys who are fighting on the card.’ And so I went and checked and that was the case.

“I made a note to (UFC site coordinator) Burt Watson and I said, ‘I want to let you know that I’m feeling uncomfortable about that.’”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

It is generally not economically feasible for athletic commissions to test all athletes competing at event, so instead fighters are selected at random
    Maybe I'm crazy. But it seems to me drug testing every fighter on the card should be in the AC budget. If it's not economically feasible, than maybe somebody needs a pay cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I wonder if sanchez would have been popped for weed yet again.

Chris Tellez needs to be fired. Jeff Collins needs to be fired, and then shot.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information