Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ross Pearson Seeks Justice After Worst Call of All Time, Officially Appeals Decision

Marcos Rosales' reaction upon seeing the score card:

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

UFC Fight Night 42's Ross Pearson feels 'robbed of a paycheck,' wants Diego Sanchez rematch on neutral ground
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/9/579...und-robbed-mma
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I've re-watched that fight with no commentary and STILL don't see how it went the way it did on the cards. I saw Diego land an occasional/single shot but Pearson dictated the pace by making Diego come to him and won every exchange through variety and accuracy.

I'm just flabbergasted at the outcome.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    UFC Fight Night 42's Ross Pearson feels 'robbed of a paycheck,' wants Diego Sanchez rematch on neutral groun
    So did Zuffa not give Ross his win money here ? They've in the past given people robbed of decisions their winners cheque before and if any fighter deserved it in the past Ross certainly did here.

I can't agree more.

The least they could do is right the wrong that is now recorded in his record through monetary compensation.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Dana has given his thoughts on the fight:

LAS VEGAS -- There will be no rematch between Diego Sanchez and Ross Pearson.

UFC president Dana White called Sanchez's controversial split decision over Pearson last weekend "insanity" and said the promotion will move forward as if Pearson won the fight.

The lightweight bout, which took place in Sanchez's hometown of Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Saturday, was widely denounced as one of the worst decisions in UFC history.

Judges Jeff Collins and Chris Tellez each scored the bout for Sanchez, 30-27 and 29-28, respectively. Judge Marcos Rosales had it 30-27 in Pearson's favor, along with an overwhelming majority of media.

White was not in attendance, but viewed the fight from his vacation home in Bangor, Maine.

"It was horrible," White told ESPN.com. "In the second round, Diego got dropped and one judge still gave him that round. Insanity, man. Pearson got robbed. Pearson won that fight clearly. He easily won that fight. We have to treat Pearson like he won and give him that next level fight.

"The thing about our sport is there's never any of that hometown advantage bulls---. Yeah, more people are going to be cheering for you than the other guy, but it's not like the judges are all from that town. Usually, athletic commissions pull the best from around the country. Whoever gave that fight all three rounds to Sanchez should never judge a fight again."

Pearson's camp filed an appeal of the decision immediately after the bout, according to New Mexico Athletic Commission representative Richard Espinoza. The appeal came in too late to be added to a regularly scheduled NMAC meeting Tuesday.

Espinoza declined to comment on the commission's stance toward the decision.
    Source: ESPN.com.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Dana has given his thoughts on the fight:

Source: ESPN.com.
    It sounds like he is implying it may have been rigged also. I am also very surprised the UFC did not give Pearson his win bonus. They have giving losing fighters a win bonus in less controversial decisions.

Just watched the fight for the first time. I don't know if it is the worst decision in MMA history, but it is certainly the worst decision that I have ever watched personally.

Every fight that Jeff Collins has Judged to a decision, including his scores, can be found here.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Bisping/Hammill is the only fight I can remember that is clearly worse
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information