Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ross Pearson Seeks Justice After Worst Call of All Time, Officially Appeals Decision

I'm thinking he got paid, but they want to keep it quiet. If Pearson is based back in the UK, the tax laws are absolutely dreadful.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I thought it was a bad decision at the time but have watched the Bisping/Hammill fight several times since and think it was the correct decision.

If you judge the fight on 15 minutes, Hammill definitely won. However, he did nothing in the last 2 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Bisping/Hammill is the only fight I can remember that is clearly worse

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I thought it was a bad decision at the time but have watched the Bisping/Hammill fight several times since and think it was the correct decision.

If you judge the fight on 15 minutes, Hammill definitely won. However, he did nothing in the last 2 rounds.
    I thought Bisping out pointed him the last two rounds as well. If you watch it with the sound off--and you don't really, really hate Pip, it's a reasonable conclusion.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Bisping/Hammill is the only fight I can remember that is clearly worse
    No not even close lol

Hate for Bisbing is EPIC lmao!

ROSS PEARSON TO RECEIVE $30K WIN BONUS FOLLOWING CONTROVERSIAL LOSS TO DIEGO SANCHEZ

Ross Pearson believes he got a raw deal on the scorecards at UFC Fight Night Albuquerque, but at least his bank account won’t have to suffer for it.

Pearson dropped a highly controversial split decision to Diego Sanchez this past Saturday in a 155-pound clash. Despite Pearson outlanding his opponent in each round, according to FightMetric.com figures, judge Jeff Collins submitted a 30-27 scorecard for Sanchez, while Chris Tellez saw it 29-28 for the New Mexico native. Meanwhile, Marcos Rosales submitted a 30-27 tally in favor of “The Real Deal.”

UFC President Dana White announced on Tuesday that the British lightweight will receive his $30,000 win bonus despite the defeat.

“Diego lost that fight. The judge who judged that fight should never be judging fights again. He never should be judging fights of this caliber, he needs to go back down into the amateurs and really learn how to judge a fight," White told UFC.com . "First of all, you gave every round to Diego, who got dropped in the second round. It was a knockdown, how does Diego win that round? It's not possible. I don't know how you can vote against him, but it goes to show that you're never safe. That's as bad as it gets."

Pearson and his team filed an appeal with the New Mexico Athletic Commission shortly after the Saturday’s verdict. It is unlikely that the decision will be overturned, but it may not matter. White told ESPN.com earlier on Tuesday that “we have to treat Pearson like he won and give him that next level fight.”
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ros...-Sanchez-69035

6. Default

Now that was a excellent response from DW kind of schocking hearing him speak like that.

Thread Information