Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 42: Pre & Post Fight

Default UFC Fight Night 42: Pre & Post Fight

UFC Fight Night 42 weigh in results, live video stream

Complete UFC Fight Night 42 weigh in results are as follows:
    Main card:

155 lbs.: Ben Henderson (155.5) vs. Rustam Khabilov (156)
    155 lbs.: Ross Pearson (155.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (155)
    125 lbs.: John Dodson (125) vs. John Moraga (126)
    155 lbs.: Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Jason High (154.5)
    155 lbs.: Yves Edwards (155) vs. Piotr Hallman (154)
    135 lbs.: Bryan Caraway (135) vs. Erik Perez (136)
    Preliminary card

135 lbs.: Yaotzin Meza (136) vs. Sergio Pettis (135)
    170 lbs.: Lance Benoist (169) vs. Bobby Voelker (170.5)
    125 lbs.: Scott Jorgensen (125.5) vs. Danny Martinez (124.5)
    155 lbs.: Jake Lindsey (153.5) vs. Jon Tuck (154.5)
    205 lbs.: Patrick Cummins (204) vs. Roger Narvaez (204)

Diego Sanchez: UFC Fight Night 42 marks the return of 'The Nightmare' against Ross Pearson
    "I'm coming in there ready to throw hands and if I get an opportunity to take Ross down, I'm going to take him down," Sanchez continued. "All I got to say to the fans is you've got a good fight on your hands. It's going to look a lot like Erick Silva and Matt Brown. I'm going to put pressure. I'm going to take the fight to him and I hope he plans on taking the fight to me also."
    "What 'The Nightmare' started as was this guy who had so much conditioning that when you fight him he doesn't go away, he doesn't get out of your face," Sanchez explained. "He's just going to keep putting pressure on you. You hit him with your worse shot and he doesn't go. It's that bad dream. Where I got the idea for "The Nightmare" it's that bad dream. Anybody that is a fighter has had that dream. You have that dream where you are fighting somebody and you can't fight hard. You just can't kick. You don't have that strength. You are just tired. The other guy just has more energy than you."

"That's the nightmare and that's what I'm going to bring to the fight because 'The Nightmare' started in Albuquerque. That's where my fight career started. It's the high-altitude conditioning that I bring to the cage. It's my energy. It's my mentality. That's what 'The Nightmare' is and it's inside the cage. Not outside the cage. It's inside the cage. I'm bringing 'The Nightmare' back for this fight. This is my hometown fight. Albuquerque is getting 'The Nightmare.'"
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

UFC Fight Night results: Brian Caraway breaks cardinal rule en route to submission victory

Throughout the history of the UFC, only a few actions have remained banned since the promotion's inception in 1993. At one point, even low-blows were legal. However, small joint manipulation and fish-hooking have always been against the rules despite the events being billed as "No Holds Barred."

Despite that we saw one of these rules broken tonight at UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov. In his Bantamweight fight against Erik Perez, Bryan Caraway fish-hooked his opponent prior to a rear naked choke submission victory. For those not hip to the lingo, "fish-hooking" is when a competitor reaches his fingers inside his opponents mouth to grab and turn his head...
    Follow the link for the whole article. It has got to be one of the worst things I've ever seen in the cage. Perez should appeal, the fight should be overturned to a NC, and Caraway should have his ass fired.
    Last edited by Fe1; 06-08-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

4. Default

FG posted a picture of that fish hook in the event discussion thread. F*ck, lots of greasy sh*t went down last night.

UFC Fight Night 42 bonuses: Ben Henderson submission earns $50K
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/8/579...sion-earns-50k

Performance of the Night -- Ben Henderson

Performance of the Night -- Piotr Hallman

Fight of the Night -- Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez

UFC Fight Night 42 draws announced attendance of 8,775 for $698K live gate
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/ufc-fig...698k-live-gate

Jason High shoving referee at UFC Fight Night 42 could lead to suspension, fines
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/8/579...spension-fines
    Immediately after referee Kevin Mulhall stepped in to separate Rafael dos Anjos from Jason High at last night's (Sat., June 7, 2014) UFC Fight Night 42 event in Albuquerque, New Mexico, High protested. The stoppage came after a hard shot put "The Kansas City Bandit" down on the mat and he failed to adequately answer the follow up punches, at least to Mulhall's liking.

So the referee stepped in.

And High pushed back ... literally.

As he stood up, he shoved Mulhall away and sulked in his anger and despair. It was a decision that will likely cost him.

When asked at the post-fight press conference if disciplinary action will be handed down, UFC Senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler had the following to say (via MMA Fighting):

"Ultimately that decision's going to be ultimately up to the commission when you talk about fines or suspensions. On behalf of the organization, completely unacceptable. You can't put your hands on an official. In the heat of the moment a lot of things can happen, but you can't put your hands on the official. So we'll regroup on Monday with the executive team and we'll figure out if there's any other things that need to happen. But ultimately, from a decision-making standpoint, from fines and suspensions, that's up to commissioner [Thomas] King."

For his part, High knew he made a big mistake and publicly apologized via Twitter:

Incredibly sorry & embarrassed for the ref incident. Will never happen again.
    — Marcelino Evil (@KCBanditMMA) June 8, 2014

Diego Sanchez vs. Ross Pearson Fight Metric report supports 'ROBBERY' cries
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/8/579...fight-night-42

Striking:

Grappling:

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 06-08-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I had Pearson winning all three rounds against Sanchez.

I still can't understand how that fight got scored so incredibly badly. I'd love for judges to be able to tell the difference between looking busy and being effective.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    UFC Fight Night results: Brian Caraway breaks cardinal rule en route to submission victory

Follow the link for the whole article. It has got to be one of the worst things I've ever seen in the cage. Perez should appeal, the fight should be overturned to a NC, and Caraway should have his ass fired.
    In a sport where people choke each other unconscious and knock each other out, THAT is one of the worst things you've seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    In a sport where people choke each other unconscious and knock each other out, THAT is one of the worst things you've seen?
    Absolutely. As fas as I'm concerned he's up there with Paul Daley and Babalu now.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

In no way did Diego win that fight.

Thread Information