Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen fails random drug test

I find it funny, Chael demonizes Wandy for skipping an out of competition drug test yet when he himself fails one, then it is not fair and shouldnt count against him...
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I find it funny, Chael demonizes Wandy for skipping an out of competition drug test yet when he himself fails one, then it is not fair and shouldnt count against him...
    other than Chael legitimately had a reason for using those substances and was on TRT, yeah.

I'm not defending him, but this is nothing nor should be surprising that he didnt get all that crap out of his system yet. It's whatever honestly. I'm upset Chael vs Wandy was scrapped, then I take a consolation prize with Belfort vs Sonnen that gets taken away as well, which probably would of got Sonnen dropped cold but still. Fuckin teases...

I need them to call Anthony Johnson to take this fight against Vitor at LHW.. That rematch could be pretty competitive with the way Rumble has turned his career around and got his ass in gear. Atleast from what I've seen in both WSoF and his debut back with UFC, I'd say he's really turned it up and got it together.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by chael sonnen
    So this is what we did. And I took my boards out of the water in the meantime, meaning I didn't fight, I didn't ask for a license. You had to wait to cross this bridge, if you will.
    ...wow. That seems so similar to another fighter. I just can't put my finger on it.

Some other guy was on TRT, and he wasn't fighting, he wasn't licensed or asking for a license. He was just kind of, yknow, training, like sonnen. It was similar. Not like the exact same thing, or anything. Just, similar.

I can't, for the life of me, remember who that guy was. But I'm pretty sure he got more "free passes" or something than sonnen. I'm pretty sure that everyone will just pile right on, and all the guys who hated on this other guy--I think his name was Victor or something--will turn all of that self-righteous bullshit on sonnen, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Chael says...Out of commission test not in competition. Says that out of commission you dont have to be off medicine and that this "unprecedented" - compares a broken arm and proscribed Vicodin would be different than testing positive on fight night for Vicodin. Says he has evidence to support his appeal (which he will do) and that game day testing is differnet from out of competition.
    Really? And here I've been a fool for thinking game-day testing was the exact same thing as failing a random test "out of commission" in a training period.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I don't consider a training camp for a fight out of competition.
    I don't consider it out of competition, but I do consider it the lesser of two evils.

It's a good thing sonnen failed both types, game-day and before applying for a license. And has already been caught in a lie on this one, too.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Wandy trolling us?

Just laying it on thick:

Chael Sonnen chooses being called father over cheater, unsure of UFC future after failed drug test
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/10/57...fort-fertility
    In nine months or less, Chael Sonnen will revel in the biggest accomplishment of his lifetime to date. In the process, it might cost the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) veteran his mixed martial arts (MMA) career.

Sonnen and his wife, Brittany, are expecting their first child after getting married less than one year ago (more details here). But, conception might not have been possible without the assistance of a cocktail of drugs that Sonnen -- who suffers from hypogonadism -- was prescribed to promote fertility.

And it was those two drugs, along with one other Sonnen was taking to ween himself off Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT), which Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) classifies as "banned" (not illegal) substances, that caused "American Gangster" to fail an out-of-competition drug test ahead of UFC 175.

Complete disaster? Absolutely. Terrible miscommunication? Without a doubt. Career-threatening (for Sonnen)? Potentially. Nonetheless, Sonnen would do it all over again, according to comments earlier this evening on "FOX Sports Live," because the byproduct is a bouncing baby in several months.

"Throughout my career I have had a number of labels," he argued. "But, in nine months I will have the label of parent and father. And if I have to go through this and choose between having the label of being a father/parent or having the label of being an athlete, I am going to choose every single time parent and father. I know what I have done and if I had to do it again I would do it 20 more times."

Sonnen should be well-versed in full disclosure after running afoul of California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) back in 2010 for his TRT use. He was suspended six months and, had he defeated Anderson Silva, the career-defining result would have been overturned.

It doesn't appear that Sonnen disclosed his latest prescriptions before or after the most recent screening in part because, as he claimed, the lab was different and didn't request such paperwork. However, he also admitted that he expected the substances to be out of his system at the time of the screening based on professional medical opinion.

Nonetheless, he did reveal that he expressed concern to his manager, but didn't share it with UFC and/or NSAC at his licensing hearing for his then-match with drug test-dodging Wanderlei Silva ... for whatever reason.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thank goodness Randy Couture is retired lol.

Not a shock, kind of expect that all these fuckers past a certain age are probably getting a boost. Otherwise they'd all be complaining of cracked skulls etc.....

Chael Sonnen Admitted to Taking a Third Banned Substance After Initial Test Failure Revealed Two

Shortly after news broke on Tuesday that Chael Sonnen had tested positive for two banned substances stemming from a recent random drug test, MMAWeekly.com acquired the official Nevada State Athletic Commission Notice of Complaint against him, which states that Sonnen admitted to the use of a third banned substance.

Sonnen provided blood and urine samples on May 24, according to the official complaint, which returned positive results for Anastrozole and Clomifene. Both of those substances can be utilized to help with increased testosterone production in a man that has hypogonadism, which Sonnen claims to have.

After receiving notice of the two substances found in his random drug screen, Sonnen on June 6 responded to NSAC executive director Bob Bennett via email admitting to have taken Anastrozole and Clomifene, as well as Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG).

Like Anastrozole and Clomifene, hCG is sometimes used to help stimulate testosterone production.

Sonnen’s transgressions are slated as an action item at the Nevada commission’s regularly scheduled June 17 meeting, which is the same meeting where Vitor Belfort, Sonnen’s proposed UFC 175 opponent, is set for a comprehensive review to try and obtain a license to fight in Nevada.

Sonnen, however, has 20 days from the date of the service of the official complaint against him to answer it in writing. The official complaint was served on June 9.

In the complaint, the disciplinary actions Bennett is seeking against Sonnen include a monetary fine; action against his license (suspension or revocation); requiring him to pay the costs of the proceeding, including investigative costs and attorney’s fees; requiring him to provide a negative urine test for prohibited substances if he files for a license in Nevada in the future; and whatever other relief the Commission deems just and proper.

UFC officials told MMAWeekly.com that Sonnen was expected to address the situation at 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m. ET on Tuesday on Fox Sports 1
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/chael-sonne...e-revealed-two

Meltzer's doing his Observer show tonight to specifically address this Sonnen deal, should be very interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Meltzer's doing his Observer show tonight to specifically address this Sonnen deal, should be very interesting....
    What time?

Both of those substances can be utilized to help with increased testosterone production in a man that has hypogonadism, which Sonnen claims to have.
    Has a doctor (And I mean legit doctor, not the kind of doctor that "gave" Overeem his 'script for TRT) ever publicly diagnosed him with hypogonadism?
    Last edited by KevoOnTheRadio; 06-10-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    What time?
    Dunno if they're going live, but I'm thinking they're starting around 10:30 EST, probably won't start until after the Heat/Spurs so to get the most maximum listeners.....

Thread Information