Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen fails random drug test

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...at this point, anyone who is still giving sonnen credibility won't be swayed by anything you--or reality--can point out.

rh
    Chael has no credibility. He's a cheat, and everyone knows it. He knows it, we know it.

The real tragedy will be if his post-fighting career doesn't suffer because of this.

A lack of ethics and integrity used to be a bad thing, now it seems to secure well paying jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Chael has no credibility. He's a cheat, and everyone knows it. He knows it, we know it.

The real tragedy will be if his post-fighting career doesn't suffer because of this.

A lack of ethics and integrity used to be a bad thing, now it seems to secure well paying jobs.
    In all fairness he is probably the best fighter at being a commentator. People love Stann, while I like him I don't think he is so great. Mark Mcgwire is an extremely successful hitting coach in the MLB even though he has been shunned from the game as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Mark Mcgwire is an extremely successful hitting coach in the MLB even though he has been shunned from the game as a player.
    Apples and oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Wasn't McGwire using items that weren't even technically "banned" at the time?

(AndroStack 850 and 19-Nor)

Edit: My mistake, he came clean and said he used some "low dosage" orals during his home run race with Sosa.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

In all fairness he is probably the best fighter at being a commentator. People love Stann, while I like him I don't think he is so great.
    I think Stann is better.

But I think Gus Johnson is the best.

I wouldn't mind seeing the UFC set aside their differences and scoop up Miletich. He was always pretty good.

In all fairness he is probably the best fighter at being a commentator.
    I've never been a fan of his, but I don't even have him close to cracking the top 5. Maybe not even the top 10.
    Stann, Militech and Johnson were already mentioned, I'd add Florian and then Bonnar to that list, and that's not even considering OG commentators like Bas, Trigg, etc.

sonnen has developed a niche, and that's all well and good for him, but among the people I personally, physically know, the guys that like him most are the guys who are proud of being a redneck and 9 times out of 10 want the American guy to win. they got into sonnen at first because Anderson was foreign, didn't speak English and came off as an aloof douche. With sonnen, they can pretend they're in on his joke, and the xenophobia/class discrimination/racism are just a bonus.

Personally, I find that to be the opposite of what I want to be viewed as, as an American.

That being said, there are a shit ton of neo-redneck-trendsters out there, and he's far more likely to keep his job catering to them than lose it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I've never been a fan of his, but I don't even have him close to cracking the top 5. Maybe not even the top 10.
    Stann, Militech and Johnson were already mentioned, I'd add Florian and then Bonnar to that list, and that's not even considering OG commentators like Bas, Trigg, etc.

sonnen has developed a niche, and that's all well and good for him, but among the people I personally, physically know, the guys that like him most are the guys who are proud of being a redneck and 9 times out of 10 want the American guy to win. they got into sonnen at first because Anderson was foreign, didn't speak English and came off as an aloof douche. With sonnen, they can pretend they're in on his joke, and the xenophobia/class discrimination/racism are just a bonus.

Personally, I find that to be the opposite of what I want to be viewed as, as an American.

That being said, there are a shit ton of neo-redneck-trendsters out there, and he's far more likely to keep his job catering to them than lose it.

rh
    Someone got carried away haha. To say that Bonnar is anywhere close to a decent commentator is beyond my understanding. He tries hard but his commentary comes off to me as biased, nerdy, and just not clever while he tries hard to be a funny guy. Never got into the personalities of him or Griffin. Makes my skin crawl like Silva, Sonnen, Oritz, or Belfort do to their detractors.

Not gonna lie I liked Mir when he was doing it for WEC.

Mir was good at first. He quickly became very biased towards one fighter.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Mir was good at first. He quickly became very biased towards one fighter.
    Not his fault Miguel Torres is the GOAT.

Thread Information