Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen fails random drug test

9 out of 10 Sonnen fans are rednecks and discriminators? Tell me how all criticisms of our president must be due to racism next.

Silva was not very well liked heading into the Sonnet fight after the Maia fight, what with his disrespectful clowning and dancing in the ring, and Chael gave him a big slice of humble pie TECHNIQUE wise. It's one thing to cut ridiculous promos with trash talk to hype a fight - it 's another to disrespect your opponent in the ring and make for a poor showing. I think you'll find that being attributed to why people might be a fan of him more than some ambiguous discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    9 out of 10 Sonnen fans are rednecks and discriminators? Tell me how all criticisms of our president must be due to racism next.
    Why don't you go back and re-read my post. Read it slow, and have someone help you with the big words if you need to.

I never said anything about 9 out of 10 sonnen fans. I very clearly stated that of the guys I personally know who are sonnen fans, they're the "...'Murica, FTW" type of neo-hipster-redneck who will route for the American 9 times out of 10, regardless of who they're facing. The kind of guy that listens to Toby Keith.

That's not a statement about the general population, it's a statement about that slice of assholery that I actually know.

And please, don't think I'm anything but well aware of Anderson's faults. I was taking whiney fanboy shit on the board for not calling Anderson the p4p champ for years before you'd even heard of MMAnews, never mind criticising the holes in his game.

I'm just glad sonnen wasn't the guy to finally beat him, because of the two men, Anderson--with all his very, very obvious faults--is a far better fighter and an infinitely better ambassador for the sport than sonnen.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 06-12-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Video: Dana White sounds off (again) on TRT, Sonnen, Belfort, Wanderlei Silva
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/video-d...anderlei-silva

To hear Dana shitting on Wanderlei and praising Sonnen so much is a bit hard to take. They basically both failed a drug test yet Dana makes Wanderlei sound so much worse.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I always root for the American, unless I know he's an ass, or he's facing somebody that I know is a good guy (GSP). I also listen to Toby Keith. I put 3 of his songs on my 4th of July preparation mix. I am damn proud to be an American, and I support fellow Americans unless they give me a good reason not to.

I get what Riv is saying. He doesn't like racism, or assholes that root for Americans just cause "Merica" (for the record, I hate that shit, it's America, taking a letter off doesn't make it funny, or cool, it's disrespectful). I am not racist, but I am proud of my freedom, and the people who fought/fight to protect them. I do support our citizens over others. That isn't to say I hate other people, or think I'm better than them. I've always liked Riv, but maybe I would fit in his description, and maybe I wouldn't. I would not be offended either way, as I freely admit my feelings about this country, and it's citizens.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I always root for the American, unless I know he's an ass, or he's facing somebody that I know is a good guy (GSP). I also listen to Toby Keith. I put 3 of his songs on my 4th of July preparation mix. I am damn proud to be an American, and I support fellow Americans unless they give me a good reason not to.

I get what Riv is saying. He doesn't like racism, or assholes that root for Americans just cause "Merica" (for the record, I hate that shit, it's America, taking a letter off doesn't make it funny, or cool, it's disrespectful). I am not racist, but I am proud of my freedom, and the people who fought/fight to protect them. I do support our citizens over others. That isn't to say I hate other people, or think I'm better than them. I've always liked Riv, but maybe I would fit in his description, and maybe I wouldn't. I would not be offended either way, as I freely admit my feelings about this country, and it's citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I really take the Sonny from A Bronx Tale approach with regards to rooting for someone. For MMA, I just want to see highly skilled fighters fight, I'm not all too invested in anyone anymore. Anyone that I once was are past their prime, retired, or dead. I was at UFC 101 when Anderson tooled Forrest. I couldn't have been more ashamed of the fucking crowd around me screaming "speak English" after Anderson won and spoke to the crowd. The motherfucker was thanking people for coming out and your telling him to fuckoff? That's the type of "murika fuck yeah" "love it the same way I do or get out" bullshit that is downright embarrassing.

Back on topic: I really think this retirement to pursue being a good father/husband is garbage. Chael is a competitor and has been doing so for so long, and I just have the completely unsubstantiated feeling that he wanted to go a few more years and couldn't juice up anymore so then he retired and is using the family angle to look good. I did enjoy him fighting and even though his gift of gab was better than throwing fisties, I do sincerely hope he kills it in whatever he finds himself doing after MMA.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Merica!
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

That's nice this forum is respectful, understanding, and accepting of others. I just got all warm inside.

What would be the process if Sonnen wanted to come out of retirement and get relicensed?

I assume he can't just use whatever he wants now, come out of retirement in a year, sign a bout agreement, avoid Nevada and their random tests and apply for a licence in a different state a week or two before the fight when he will piss clean?

I think he CAN use whatever he wants for right now.

However, I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) he would be subject to testing as soon as he signed a bout agreement. Moreover, I think most AC's would refuse him a license until they had actually heard from him regarding this test failure.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information